Toyota Presents World Debut of the New 2022 GR 86

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
Sadly, going to take the GR86 off my list for now.

I stated how I feel about the Supra, but I have to drive the two before I know which is best for me. I can live with the better daily as my mustang is a better dd than Camaro.

Also considering another low mileage Corvette. C5 or C7. New WRX too. Can't have it all. Decisions decisons 🤔

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
I love how that article starts off with "allegedly caught fire" written right under the picture of the car actually on fire.
Is this shark attack hype, or real issues with 86 engines that significant numbers of owners are experiencing? I'm at 50k on my first gen BRZ with no issues (knock on wood). The second gen engine was modified for increased displacement, but otherwise I haven't heard of any particular problems with it.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Is this shark attack hype, or real issues with 86 engines that significant numbers of owners are experiencing? I'm at 50k on my first gen BRZ with no issues (knock on wood). The second gen engine was modified for increased displacement, but otherwise I haven't heard of any particular problems with it.
Just came back from dealership service/repair. Likely a tech mistake, lost wrench fell onto the starter, loose fuel line, something abnormal after being in the hands of the dealership

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
what year is yours? mine is 2015, took this pic yesterday...

20220808_200026.jpg

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
what year is yours? mine is 2015, took this pic last night...

20220808_200026.jpg
My BRZ is a 2014 and had around 26k miles, when I got it just before COVID went nuclear. Since then it's been all over the USA, on a 3k road trip out west last summer and the UP Michigan fishing, and currently my son has it on a Florida trip to Daytona.

So far so good, knock on wood it's held up. I like the BRZ because it's been fun to drive, plus it's got just enough space/usefulness to complement other things in life, so I don't have to leave it sitting in the garage often, which has been a bit of concern of mine about a potential Z.

BRZsun.jpg

Last edited:

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
My BRZ is a 2014 and had around 26k miles, when I got it just before COVID went nuclear. Since then it's been all over the USA, on a 3k road trip out west last summer and the UP Michigan fishing, and currently my son has it on a Florida trip to Daytona.

So far so good, knock on wood it's held up. I like the BRZ because it's been fun to drive, plus it's got just enough space/usefulness to complement other things in life, so I don't have to leave it sitting in the garage often, which has been a bit of concern of mine about a potential Z.

BRZsun.jpg
very nice...
ive enjoyed mine a lot. btw, just started a thread for us lol. post up there...

https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/threads/1st-gen-gt86-brz-frs-appreciation-thread.1344/