Toyota Presents World Debut of the New 2022 GR 86

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
This vehicle series is so nice in terms of performance/usability/cost combo. Went out to eat the other day with family of 4. Not the most comfortable drive - but doable.

The vehicle provides performance with just enough usability to carry family/friends in a pinch or haul some items from the store. I was able to fit two garage heaters from Home Depot via the fold down rear seat. And two long distance vacations with load of camping and fishing gear.

Man the 2-seater layout of Z and some other vehicles has been weighing on me lately, am I gonna get enough use out of that config? šŸ¤”

BraveDemon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Toyota Supra; 19 Audi TT-RS; 15 GLA45 AMG
I saw this funky bullshit on the GR86 subReddit.

E427BACD-1406-4C9C-BB2F-81C5AC10B977.jpeg
Wow complete BS. Over $50k for a twin? That completely defeats the entire point of the twins - affordability.

Iā€™m hoping we wonā€™t see this from Nissan dealers with the Zā€¦ but we will.

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
not the best pic, but there was a week old twin at my track sat. Still has 30 day tags and man could you smell the new brakes and burning off engine part coatings....
fan.jpg

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
that is crazy...
the fact that the engine wasn't inspected in person for a known problem should be enough to get lawyers involved.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
that is crazy...
the fact that the engine wasn't inspected in person for a known problem should be enough to get lawyers involved.
I know my Peugeot RCZ Type R had a reputation of the turbo engine blowing up ā€¦I was lucky not to be included in that group and the car was pretty reliable.
But I also know to replace it it, if it did happen was something like 25k so i did buy an extended warranty which back then still only equated to 5 years.
There was only 500 made to start off with and many feel that only around half remain due to this issue, and people driving too fast and totalling them šŸ˜”

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N