Toyota Presents World Debut of the New 2022 GR 86

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
It's just preference. I like the BRZ...I just think the 86 looks better on the front.
Similar-ish to how some people consider the Supra to really be a BMW, for some people the BRZ is the "real" version, mostly due to the two cars using a Subaru boxer engine and both cars being built in the same Subaru factory. For other people the BRZ is not a true Subaru since it is not four-wheel drive like the rest of their models.

There are minor difference in the bodywork, cabin, and mechanical tweaks, but the reality is that most people won't notice any difference at all, so it simply comes down to a personal choice of which badge you prefer to have on the front. Subaru is often seen as a slightly more prestigious brand (mostly because they sell fewer cars than Toyota, so aren't seen on the roads as much).

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
^ As I've said since the 86/BRZ was first launched, if Nissan brought back a properly done 2+2 200sx/240sx sports car (and at a cheaper price than the Z sports cars), it would be a big seller. Of course, they won't do that any time soon because they don't want to potentially cannibalise Z sales.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I finally saw one in person (in the same color) over the weekend, and they look goooooood. Congrats to them!
I've been seeing these driving around lately, surprisingly, considering how difficult it is to find one.
They do look good!
The previous model looked quirky, the new one looks much cleaner, especially the Toyota version

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
That new car parking, when your likeā€¦..donā€™t you dare open your door on meā€¦.just donā€™t even think about it šŸ¤£
Heck, I do that regardless! I often park way the heck in the back of a lot, away from everyone.

My favorite is when you're way the back in a lot and someone else has the same idea. Always fun to park the CX-5 by a like, a C8 or a 911.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Heck, I do that regardless! I often park way the heck in the back of a lot, away from everyone.

My favorite is when you're way the back in a lot and someone else has the same idea. Always fun to park the CX-5 by a like, a C8 or a 911.
The worst is when you find a nice big car empty park, you park your car, come back only to find the car park is still empty accept for the two spaces either side your car šŸ˜–