Toyota GR 86 vs Nissan Z

goeagles11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z
The new GR86 looks nice, but those reliability issues are a result of the partnership with Subaru. There's also rumors swirling that Toyota's next gen version of the 86 will have their turbocharged inline 4 in it. Unless you can get a great deal on a GR86 now I wouldn't touch it. Anyone who paid anything over sticker for one is a victim of hype and impulse.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Sales Advisor
If only the BRZ/86 came out with a turbo, I would own one. Good cars, just wish they had more power
I test drove a BRZ last year, its looks way better than it drives. Looks like a sports car, drives like a turtle. That car felt more boring than sinking in the mid-atlantic ocean! It has no soul. You floor it, nothing happens....

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
I test drove a BRZ last year, its looks way better than it drives. Looks like a sports car, drives like a turtle. That car felt more boring than sinking in the mid-atlantic ocean! It has no soul. You floor it, nothing happens....
Not like the Z. You floor it in the Z, and you're not sure you'll be able to maintain control. 😉