Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I'd store them for the day I could actually acquire a Z.
Personally not a fan of the black wheels.
This is what I figured. Love the idea. After 7 years with them I'm sick of black/near black wheels. Little played out to me along with black roofs on cars without hatches. Eyeing a set of dark bronze RS-DF's for when I get my car back. Possibly lighter bronze TE's.

What color Z you planning on going with again?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Now that Iā€™m seeing black factory wheels on Dodge mini vans the hype has passed. The bronze and gun metal wheels is where its at.

-RJM
I saw a car just like mine, with black aftermarket wheels, making a right turn in front of me. I seriously couldn't see what the wheel design was. It all just blended into one black disc with some shiny rotor peeking out.
I seriously don't get it. It started as a low budget mod on Mopars, plasti-dip for that "murdered out" look.

I mean, color preference is taste, but black just hides the design of every wheel I've seen. And now it's everywhere

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
There are five kids in my wife's 5th grade class this year, unable to tie their shoes. Things seem to be getting worse in terms of behavior and abilities. (To be fair, I'm not sure yet if it's due to some demographic changes in the particular school community, or a general larger societal degrading.) But anyway it's concerning.
A lot of it is because both parents have to work to keep food on the table these days. No one at home teaching the basics, or spending time with the kids

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
I saw a car just like mine, with black aftermarket wheels, making a right turn in front of me. I seriously couldn't see what the wheel design was. It all just blended into one black disc with some shiny rotor peeking out.
I seriously don't get it. It started as a low budget mod on Mopars, plasti-dip for that "murdered out" look.

I mean, color preference is taste, but black just hides the design of every wheel I've seen. And now it's everywhere
I do like black wheels but honestly I agree with what you said. I see black literally everywhere and i got extremely bored with my black Advan GTs. I actually bought Takata Green TE37s because i wanted something completely different lol. Its funny tho the amount of hate I get online for ditching black is insane. Some are almost offended by some other colors.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I do like black wheels but honestly I agree with what you said. I see black literally everywhere and i got extremely bored with my black Advan GTs. I actually bought Takata Green TE37s because i wanted something completely different lol. Its funny tho the amount of hate I get online for ditching black is insane. Some are almost offended by some other colors.
Unfortunately, trends occur despite reason.
People love to be on "Team Trend" but your minivan statement resonates with me because Dodge Caravan was the first to offer black wheels, which circles back to my assertion that this trend was born from Mopar, so curious that....

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Unfortunately, trends occur despite reason.
People love to be on "Team Trend" but your minivan statement resonates with me because Dodge Caravan was the first to offer black wheels, which circles back to my assertion that this trend was born from Mopar, so curious that....
But I actually like black wheelsā€¦always have. I think it comes from every wheel being silver (or seemingly every wheel) when I was growing up. To me they became boring and run of the mill

I get your point, they have become ā€œfashionableā€, but I liked them even before the trend started, and itā€™s why I will keep them.

Each to their own

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
A lot of it is because both parents have to work to keep food on the table these days. No one at home teaching the basics, or spending time with the kids
Yep that's part of it. Although some parents are also a piece of work. You interact with the parents, and it becomes clear why the kid is having issues.