Tire recommendations?

c.jizzle

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2023 Nissan Z (performance)
So everyone that has driven a Z or watched some videos on the Z launching, knows the tires are crap. Too much spin.

Does anyone have any recommendations for me? It rains a lot where I live but it does get sunny and warm some days. I do some spirited driving. My other car is a CTR so I'm used to making aggressive turns.

Any input would be appreciated 👍

pectab

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, Audi A4
So everyone that has driven a Z or watched some videos on the Z launching, knows the tires are crap. Too much spin.

Does anyone have any recommendations for me? It rains a lot where I live but it does get sunny and warm some days. I do some spirited driving. My other car is a CTR so I'm used to making aggressive turns.

For me Michelin Pilot Sport 4S best all around.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
I agree on the Michelins

the NISMO Z is getting a dunlop tire but cant make out which one. curious to see if those are better than the S007's

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security

There are lots of great choices. You need a good performing Max All Season set for what you're using them for. Check out TireRack's reviews and comparisons, traction, noise, long life, etc. then decide.

Papa G Z

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sky redline
Occupation
VP Sales
What about continental extreme contacts? I have them on my sky redline and like them a lot.

Posted on other chats but curious when folks make their tire swap to see pros and cons on what they select.

Such as, less step out of rear end, better cornering, better ride etc... and/or ooops...I made it worse.

OP
OP
c.jizzle

c.jizzle

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2023 Nissan Z (performance)
What about continental extreme contacts? I have them on my sky redline and like them a lot.

Posted on other chats but curious when folks make their tire swap to see pros and cons on what they select.

Such as, less step out of rear end, better cornering, better ride etc... and/or ooops...I made it worse.
I think Im going to go Michelin Pilot PS2's. I will definitely give a review. Already ordered new rims too. So it'll be sometime next month.

Papa G Z

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sky redline
Occupation
VP Sales
Great! I see you have rosewood, how do you like the color? I’m due to pick up rosewood performance manual near end of the month or early April.

I think it will be fun to watch the tire swaps given a lot of the negative reviews are tire related and if a $1200 +/- tire swap resolves a few of the issues probably a good spend. Sell oem on Craigslist lol saves a little on swap.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I have the Extreme Contacts on my Subaru, they grip well and QUIET rolling, not bad pricing also. Tire Rack rates them highly as a Max A/S tire.