West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Why can't y'all travel?
Ha…we are not allowed out of our state, I’m in WA can not travel to NSW or Vic at all, the other states and territories I must show vaccination, tested and quarantine for 14 days with a pass ( it’s called GTG) outlineing your need to travel, where you been and where you are going)
But internationally ( like I use to do before covid) definitely a no no. You have to apply to leave and to come home, they are only allowing around 1500 people to come home monthly now and you have to have a reason such as being stuck on the other side of the world or compassionate reasons. Because of this flights are now really limited and people get bumped off for those willing to pay business airfares and once you get here you quarantine in a hotel at your own expense ( around $3000per person) and get tested three times before being permitted to leave. If you happen to fly into a state other than your own ( because of limited flights there is not much choice) then after quarantine is complete in the state you land in you must then repeat the 14 day quarantine process again once you get to your home state…so in reality 28 days quarantine.
It has meant families even within the country remain separated. Indeed there have been cases where people have died because they could not get across borders for medical treatment. We have guys who work in the mines who didn’t see their children for over a year because their usual two weeks on two weeks off work roster meant they could not fly home without quarantining so they just didn’t come home .
Where I live ( WA) is the strictest state because we pretty much haven’t had covid, and our premier is trying to keep it out…but it’s only a matter of time.
NSW premier is a bit more free flowing, mainly because they have had the biggest covid outbreak. The country is supposed to open up once we reach 80% vaccination rate, but I don’t hold my breat…for now it’s a little bit like living in a communist country and all we ever hear is…you don’t want to be like other countries millions dead etc etc, for a traveller it’s all a bit depressing
Honestly, if they don’t stick to the promise think I’m going to have to move…at least to a more open state

And that is why Australian can not travel

Last edited:

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Ha…we are not allowed out of our state, I’m in WA can not travel to NSW or Vic at all, the other states and territories I must show vaccination, tested and quarantine for 14 days with a pass ( it’s called GTG) outlineing your need to travel, where you been and where you are going)
But internationally ( like I use to do before covid) definitely a no no. You have to apply to leave and to come home, they are only allowing around 1500 people to come home monthly now and you have to have a reason such as being stuck on the other side of the world or compassionate reasons. Because of this flights are now really limited and people get bumped off for those willing to pay business airfares and once you get here you quarantine in a hotel at your own expense ( around $3000per person) and get tested three times before being permitted to leave. If you happen to fly into a state other than your own ( because of limited flights there is not much choice) then after quarantine is complete in the state you land in you must then repeat the 14 day quarantine process again once you get to your home state…so in reality 28 days quarantine.
It has meant families even within the country remain separated. Indeed there have been cases where people have died because they could not get across borders for medical treatment. We have guys who work in the mines who didn’t see their children for over a year because their usual two weeks on two weeks off work roster meant they could not fly home without quarantining so they just didn’t come home .
Where I live ( WA) is the strictest state because we pretty much haven’t had covid, and our premier is trying to keep it out…but it’s only a matter of time.
NSW premier is a bit more free flowing, mainly because they have had the biggest covid outbreak. The country is supposed to open up once we reach 80% vaccination rate, but I don’t hold my breat…for now it’s a little bit like living in a communist country and all we ever hear is…you don’t want to be like other countries millions dead etc etc, for a traveller it’s all a bit depressing
Honestly, if they don’t stick to the promise think I’m going to have to move…at least to a more open state

And that is why Australian can not travel
Sorry to hear that. I've seen plenty of alarming news from AU, didn't know if it was true or made up, now I see that news must be true. I try and avoid the subject usually, but since you're an Aussie I just had to ask.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Sorry to hear that. I've seen plenty of alarming news from AU, didn't know if it was true or made up, now I see that news must be true. I try and avoid the subject usually, but since you're an Aussie I just had to ask.
Yeah no worries.
Look the thing is until delta hit, it worked. Au was by and large clear of covid and as such we don’t wear masks have capacity crowds etc where I live, but delta changed the game and we can’t keep going back into lock down every time you have a single case ( which believe it or not is what my state does)
We have pretty much just delayed the inevitable….although it’s given us time to vaccinate, so hopefully it should help
Anyhow, that’s the little insight into the reason why we can’t travel…let’s get back to the Z because it’s imminent arrival is what keeps me going at this stage ?

Last edited:

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Yeah no worries.
Look the thing is until delta hit, it worked. Au was by and large clear of covid and as such we don’t wear masks have capacity crowds etc where I live, but delta changed the game and we can’t keep going back into lock down every time you have a single case ( which believe it or not is what my state does)
We have pretty much just delayed the inevitable….although it’s given us time to vaccinate, so hopefully it should help
Anyhow, that’s the little insight into the reason why we can’t travel…let’s get back to the Z because it’s immigrate arrival is what keeps me going at this stage ?
Yes, the thought of the new Z is definitely keeping my spirits up!