The Nismo exhaust for the new Z. Is it worth it?

nms1s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW F32 440i, BMW G20 330i
Just wondering what everyone thinks of the Nismo exhaust for the new Z. How much would this option have to cost for you to check the box or would you at all?

Here are some samples for people who haven't heard it yet.

I personally think it does well at adding some depth and aggressiveness to the it but I'm sure the aftermarket will have much louder alternatives.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Just wondering what everyone thinks of the Nismo exhaust for the new Z. How much would this option have to cost for you to check the box or would you at all?

I personally think it does well at adding some depth and aggressiveness to the it but I'm sure the aftermarket will have much louder alternatives.
Nismo Exhaust ranges from $1700-$2k as noted in other threads....https://parts.nissanusa.com/p/Nissan_2023_Z/NISMO-2023-Z-RZ34-Cat-Back-Street-Exhaust/120610280/B0100-RZ34S.html

If other aftermarket companies retain pricing similar to outgoing 370z/Q60RS exhaust, expect a 5% increase over current offerings for Z. So around same price as Nismo variant.

I think majority will go for other aftermarket vs Nismo

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo

I would definitely consider this exhaust option. Factory 6spd manual is to quiet.

OP
OP
nms1s

nms1s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW F32 440i, BMW G20 330i
I would definitely consider this exhaust option. Factory 6spd manual is to quiet.
Wondering if this is the best option for an exhaust upgrade since its OEM, installed by the dealership therefore under warranty, available right away no need to wait for an aftermarket solution to come out and it sounds much better than the 6 speed standard exhaust. If the price is right I might just pull the trigger.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
For the price you could get something that will sound better and offer better performance from aftermarket exhaust makers (Fast Intentions, Z1, HKS, Motordyne, ARK, etc.). I wouldn't waste the money on this exhaust unless you're headstrong on keeping the car 100% OEM.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier

Would rather go aftermarket. You'll get better performance over the NISMO.

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
I was hoping FI would use the 10" sport mufflers.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Billy Boat exhaust is in Mooresville, NC.

I'll bet they'd be interested in getting hold of a Z34 to fashion a set.

I have one on my Z32 and it makes sweet Porsche sounds. Not too loud, not too quiet.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
BBE really bailed on the VR30 platform, they did make a cat back for the Q60 in collaboration with Concept Z Performance which has since been discontinued. To your point, it sounded great.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
It’s That Good huh??
I might be biased..but I'm 1000% sold on it from my previous experience on the 370z. Listen to the Q60 Red sport exhaust.

I personally love the deep, rumble of the nissan vq/vr so this option was the loudest you could get without changing cats (which exemplifies the notorious vq hiss).

Quick clip of mine from years ago.