BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
Launch control isn't available on the Z sport model is it? It looks like it bogged down on the 2nd/3rd launches in the manual which would explain the average times.

kevzxvii

First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
Occupation
nurse
SMH, i thought driving/launching an automatic does not require skill.

MGD

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4
Occupation
Owner of electrical contracting company
I have to say I’m a little thrown off by TFLs 0-60 times. The discrepancy between the manual makes sense as a manual just doesn’t have the shifting speed to be comparable but you would think it should be closer to the low 4’s with that auto? I used the Greg Raven calculator (takes a compiled average of cars available and creates an estimate based on that) but it seems to be accurate at 4.66s 🤷‍♂️

Z hope

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura
Occupation
Retired
I have to say I’m a little thrown off by TFLs 0-60 times. The discrepancy between the manual makes sense as a manual just doesn’t have the shifting speed to be comparable but you would think it should be closer to the low 4’s with that auto? I used the Greg Raven calculator (takes a compiled average of cars available and creates an estimate based on that) but it seems to be accurate at 4.66s 🤷‍♂️
I really wonder what this car would be like with an automatic and some sticky tires And at the drag strip. 0 to 60 4.1 ?

MGD

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4
Occupation
Owner of electrical contracting company
I really wonder what this car would be like with an automatic and some sticky tires And at the drag strip. 0 to 60 4.1 ?
That is a good point, they ran it in the pit lane from what it looks like.

For my other car, when I run the calculator I have to use the DCT setting which gives me the claimed stock 5.1s 0-60. I do have a ZF8 tranny and I figured the Z’s 9 speed would be quick shifting as well but when I use the DCT setting it says it should be at 4.0s 0-60. This tells me either the lane used was garbage or the 9 speed just isn’t as quick shifting as I anticipated 🤷‍♂️

0-60 Calculator
2CDC86E0-5D5A-4466-8B92-8D61EDDA350E.png

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I really wonder how much better this car would be with just a better set of tires, not these bullshit Bridgestones.

romanLegion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0
There's more things that factor in with how manufacturers measure vs how most side by side comparisons work.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/buying-maintenance/a30905608/how-0-to-60-tests-work/ if you want to read a bit.

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
There are only a couple online reviewers I actually respect. The bulk are click bait wanna be social media stars. Who know what most actual skill level is?

It is frustrating but we are just going to have to wait until they are actually released instead of press cars that get passed along like cheap hookers.

I will say the Supra launch control is terrible. No serious 1/4 has used it in 2 years. There is a much better trick that is much faster. Even on the street no one uses it.

May be similar with the Z. Heck you guys have to figure out how to light the tires up first anyway.

Eatonian49

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 R/T Challenger, Focus SE
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
There are only a couple online reviewers I actually respect. The bulk are click bait wanna be social media stars. Who know what most actual skill level is?

It is frustrating but we are just going to have to wait until they are actually released instead of press cars that get passed along like cheap hookers.

I will say the Supra launch control is terrible. No serious 1/4 has used it in 2 years. There is a much better trick that is much faster. Even on the street no one uses it.

May be similar with the Z. Heck you guys have to figure out how to light the tires up first anyway.
Gas and a lighter?

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
As a street car I'd actually prefer the Z to be shipping without ultra-high performance rubber - such tires would make it trickier and likely more dangerous to have any tail-out fun off-track. Tires with very high traction limits suddenly letting go on the street = Cars 'n Coffee disaster.

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
As a street car I'd actually prefer the Z to be shipping without ultra-high performance rubber - such tires would make it trickier and likely more dangerous to have any tail-out fun off-track. Tires with very high traction limits suddenly letting go on the street = Cars 'n Coffee disaster.
This is a "LOL no" from me.