The all-new 2022 Ford Maverick

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
That could've been the Subaru Baja 10yrs ago. I think this Ford crossover will do well

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
Maybe we’ll finally get a street truck and they’ll drop a maverick ST

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
The Maverick was the name of a car Ford produced back in the 70's
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Maverick_(1970)
The "better" name would've been Courier, as that was Ford's little trucklet back in the 70's and 80's.

Also, I think their new EV Mustang should have been called "Galax-E" instead of sullying the Mustang name.

Anyways, the Maverick will end up being the same turd Ford as ever. I've been around Ford since the mid-80's, and I remember every new vehicle where people hope "this Ford won't be a piece of shit". Always turns out to be shit, some worse than others.

We have the Escape at work, seemed like they'd be nice, with nice interior and Ecoboost 1.6....
Turns out they're shit. Why doesn't the heater work, you wonder? Oh because the Ecoboost has an engine defect and consumes coolant. All yours before 60k miles! Will it be warrantied? Who knows!

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
The "better" name would've been Courier, as that was Ford's little trucklet back in the 70's and 80's.

Also, I think their new EV Mustang should have been called "Galax-E" instead of sullying the Mustang name.

Anyways, the Maverick will end up being the same turd Ford as ever. I've been around Ford since the mid-80's, and I remember every new vehicle where people hope "this Ford won't be a piece of shit". Always turns out to be shit, some worse than others.

We have the Escape at work, seemed like they'd be nice, with nice interior and Ecoboost 1.6....
Turns out they're shit. Why doesn't the heater work, you wonder? Oh because the Ecoboost has an engine defect and consumes coolant. All yours before 60k miles! Will it be warrantied? Who knows!
We use escapes as fleet vehicles at work. Mine currently has a turbo issue at 80k miles, and one of my coworkers blew his trans at around 100k last year. Obviously we're relatively hard on them compared to a normal consumer, but we have very strict maintenence schedules too.

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS

Been following this guy to see if this could be a fun platform