Supra 2.0 no more?

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
Maybe the b58 version will become the ‘base’ and a s58 version will come out as the top trim.

Z34_2.0

First Name
Homer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Some of them aren't wrong tho lol.

2.0 was dead upon arrival. No real news there
The 2.0 Supra was pointless from birth. The new Z will absolutely steamroll it. The 2L supra never should've existed.
Only reason the 2.0 existed was to provide tuners a motor so the car could be driven to a shop to have it ripped out and replaced with a 90's Japanese motor.

OP
OP
You Drive

You Drive

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW G80 M3 Comp
Maybe the b58 version will become the ‘base’ and a s58 version will come out as the top trim.
2025 should be the last model year for the Supra. Don’t think BMW would put their M engine in the Supra.

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
2025 should be the last model year for the Supra. Don’t think BMW would put their M engine in the Supra.
rumors of the last and highest Supra- called GRMN model- will get a BMW s58 engine. They start at over 500 to wheels and in recent M cars

BraveDemon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Toyota Supra; 19 Audi TT-RS; 15 GLA45 AMG
I try to be Switzerland and be nuetral whether it be here or on the MKV side, but IMHO the 2.0 should never have existed and to me it was DOA. Personally - I’d save the $ and spring for an 86 or BRZ over a 2.0 Supra.

The Base Z is a better bargain and better sports car over the 2.0 Supra period.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Apparently, the 4 banger has an open diff as well. 😂

The 2.0 Supra in the US has an open diff, no LSD.

I'm not sure why people get so pressed about the Z's existence. It looks like a fine car that has a number of compromises depending on what trim you get, just like the Supra is. Nissan just chose different things to compromise on.

Personally I feel a base model manual Z offers better sports car value than the 2.0 Supra, but if I'm buying a car so I can modify it to make it better, I'd start with a GR86 which is a better driver's car than both the Z and the Supra. But some people want horsepower, so they'll get the Z, and some people want a nice interior and better NVH, so they'll get the Supra. Sounds like we have plenty of good options in the market these days.
When the 2.0 was launched all those years ago, I asked the Toyota USA team and they confirmed that it was an open diff.

I had a press car for a week and did a LOT of driving, including drifting. Unless the clutches were smoked on that thing, it was an open diff. Drove completely open, absolutely 0 lockup on accel/decel in both dry and wet.

So I jacked the car up and checked in Neutral, and sure enough the tire spin test confirmed it was open with the other side spinning opposite. The M-Performance Diff that should have been available is a clutch type (not a Torsen) so it should have spun in the same direction.

So unless they've added an LSD since then, its certainly open.
Good idea.

1652847608379-png.png

These are the two part numbers for diffs for Supras. WAA05 is the eLSD in the 3.0 Variant. As you can see, it says "WITH(LSD)". The other is WAA07, and does not mention LSD.