Stop Sale on Manual transmission 2023 Z

Former86

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 MY23 Nissan Z manual
I've got a similar issue with my Z... grinding pretty bad 1st to 2nd under hard acceleration. @Beard how is yours shifting now? Also which service centre did you go to? I'm also in QLD.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Do you know your build date? I heard Z's built after August 2022 were supposed to have the fixed/updated transmission

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Bless you !

This goes to show how hard that shit knob is to remove.
They have you remove the boot from the bottom of the surround and remove just the surround, rather than unscrewing knob and lifting it and the boot off over.
Lol can confirm. I changed my shift knob and it was absolutely ridiculous. They used a ton of loctite on the threads so unscrewing it was quite the battle. I did succeed tho!
20230702_123338.jpg

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
I've got a similar issue with my Z... grinding pretty bad 1st to 2nd under hard acceleration. @Beard how is yours shifting now? Also which service centre did you go to? I'm also in QLD.
Only seems to happen when cold. Nissan brushed it off but will mention every time it’s in the service centre. Motorama

MapleOne

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Do you know your build date? I heard Z's built after August 2022 were supposed to have the fixed/updated transmission
Mine was built in 11/2022 and has no issues

I love how it sounds in second so I spent a lot of time there and have never heard or felt a thing. The transmission is smooth as silk.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Mine was built in 11/2022 and has no issues

I love how it sounds in second so I spent a lot of time there and have never heard or felt a thing. The transmission is smooth as silk.
Mine, too. Dec 2022 build. But I think my car sat in Japan for a few months waiting for the fix, whatever it was.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Mine, too. Dec 2022 build. But I think my car sat in Japan for a few months waiting for the fix, whatever it was.
12/22 build for me as well and so far no issues thankfully. Im not even at 1k miles yet tho lol