Production will begin in September 2021 / SOP is 9/2021

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Nissan announced more production cuts not to long ago due to chip shortages. If they persist there's a good chance the Z launch may get pushed back.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Occupation
Freeloader

Z34_2.0

First Name
Homer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
So has production already started? We have already seen a number of them on transportation trucks.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So has production already started? We have already seen a number of them on transportation trucks.
Thatā€™s kinda what I was alluding too when asking what the red and gun metal cars were for. I canā€™t really believe that Nissan would spend the time to hand build fourā€¦but what do I know?
So I was kinda hoping this was a sign that the factory is tooled up and ready to goā€¦perhaps even starting to produce a few.

All I know is Iā€™m getting a little antsy ā€¦itā€™s now Nov, sure prices are almost ready for release?

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/smart-robots-work-nissans-intelligent-plant-80473171

This article says the new smart production line at Tochigi can assemble electric, hybrid, and IC cars on the same line. The article also states a target date for production to begin by April next year. IF the Z34.5 is being built on this line, then this lines up with the ā€˜on sale next springā€™ announcement by Nissan.

This could also explain the limited trim packages being offered for MY 2023. Nissan wants to keep things simple while proving out the new production technology.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/smart-robots-work-nissans-intelligent-plant-80473171

This article says the new smart production line at Tochigi can assemble electric, hybrid, and IC cars on the same line. The article also states a target date for production to begin by April next year. IF the Z34.5 is being built on this line, then this lines up with the ā€˜on sale next springā€™ announcement by Nissan.

This could also explain the limited trim packages being offered for MY 2023. Nissan wants to keep things simple while proving out the new production technology.
Thanks for posting! Think Iā€™ll sit this one out for a year. I love tech and progress, but Iā€™ll let others be the testers.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Thanks for posting! Think Iā€™ll sit this one out for a year. I love tech and progress, but Iā€™ll let others be the testers.
Do you guys have any protection if ATAR proves to be a lemon.
Not that Iā€™ve had to use it in Aus, but if a car be it new or second hand has issues it has to be fixed ( only 3 month protection for second hand cars through dealersā€¦but for the life of a warranty for new)
If it repeatedly has issues then the car is classified as a lemon, and by law needs to be replaced with a comparable carā€¦.in this a case another new Z.

Way I look at itā€¦these days with 5-7 year warranty plans means there is little risk. If something goes wrong they have to fix it at and in a timely manorā€¦most even offer a free hire car whilst they do so.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Not that Iā€™ve had to use it in Aus, but if a car be it new or second hand has issues it has to be fixed ( only 3 month protection for second hand cars through dealersā€¦but for the life of a warranty for new)
If it repeatedly has issues then the car is classified as a lemon, and by law needs to be replaced with a comparable carā€¦.in this a case another new Z.

Way I look at itā€¦these days with 5-7 year warranty plans means there is little risk. If something goes wrong they have to fix it at and in a timely manorā€¦most even offer a free hire car whilst they do so.
Yes, we have lemon laws, but they vary by state. Theyā€™re challenging to win and a manufacturer will fight you tooth and nail. In most cases itā€™s easier to just cut your losses and sell the POS.

I get your point about warranty, but I just donā€™t like the inconvenience of going to a dealership. Itā€™s time consuming and frustrating. Itā€™s why I will never own a German car, and I am German.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

Yes, we have lemon laws, but they vary by state. Theyā€™re challenging to win and a manufacturer will fight you tooth and nail. In most cases itā€™s easier to just cut your losses and sell the POS.

I get your point about warranty, but I just donā€™t like the inconvenience of going to a dealership. Itā€™s time consuming and frustrating. Itā€™s why I will never own a German car, and I am German.
years ago i had to threaten my dodge dealer with using the lemon law. bought a neon the first model year they came out...it had lots of issues. the car they replaced it with was a great car.