Show me the red interior…. / Why don’t we have a production red interior picture yet?

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Amazing work as always @Haste! I saw one with a white interior chop awhile back. It looked pretty sweet, but keeping white leather clean is a pain... ?
A video on youtube right? I was going to post it on here but I can't find it anymore. I guess someone took it down.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Amazing work as always @Haste! I saw one with a white interior chop awhile back. It looked pretty sweet, but keeping white leather clean is a pain... ?
For sure. We have cornsilk beige interior in our Passat and it's a pain to keep clean. Can't even imagine white. I was in awe though of the white on the Q60 Concept the first time I saw it, but I'm sure living with it everyday would be a different story...

1632004817278.png

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
For sure. We have cornsilk beige interior in our Passat and it's a pain to keep clean. Can't even imagine white. I was in awe though of the white on the Q60 Concept the first time I saw it, but I'm sure living with it everyday would be a different story...

1632004817278.png
My Outback has a light tan interior and is quite literally the dumbest shit ever. Why put a light interior in an Outback? Impossible to keep clean.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

1632004817278.png
I love the white, but as a mum washing white soccer shorts for my boys every weekend has put me off anything white for life

Evenflow80

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z, Honda Civic SI
To be honest, both blue and red interiors will only really work on a handful of paint colors. Red would look great with black, blue would look good with white or blue, etc. Black interior would still be the safest choice. Ideally, I want blue on blue like the car they used in unveiling, but wouldn't mind black. Since I want a blue car, red interior would look horrendous on it

supraboi

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS300
I never had red leather before, but a guy with a 370Z said his seats faded to pink over time.

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
The only car I ever owned with red leather was a 94 FD and it didn't have any fading issues.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Current car has red leather and no fading issues anywhere either. Front seats are pretty worn given their age and use, but I'm thinking of replacing them soon and taking better care of them next time. Leather on the door cards has held up well, and the rear seat and sides in the back look practically brand new still since no one ever goes back there.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Yeah, I'd imagine if you parked outside in a hot/sunny climate + didn't use a sun visor + didn't have proper tint + didn't take care of seats via cleaning/protectant, sure I could see some color fading. In that case, that's just bad ownership lol.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
My very first Z, a Z31, was white with red leather.

When I sold Nissans back in '89-91, I sold a white/red 5spd TT Z32. We had to get it by dealer trade in Ft. Lauderdale. Guess who went to fetch it 'cause he sold it? ???

Unfortunately, I arrived back about an hour after the store closed. Guess who got to park it in his driveway overnight? ???

OP
OP

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
My very first Z, a Z31, was white with red leather.

When I sold Nissans back in '89-91, I sold a white/red 5spd TT Z32. We had to get it by dealer trade in Ft. Lauderdale. Guess who went to fetch it 'cause he sold it? ???

Unfortunately, I arrived back about an hour after the store closed. Guess who got to park it in his driveway overnight? ???
Was it a beauty ? White/red ?