because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Oil temp seems a tad high. Dude must've just got done tracking it - I hope lol. Then again they are in the LV desert.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
I'd rather it was lower, more shifting = more fun on the street. The Cayman gets much criticism for its ridiculously long gearing which sucks all the fun out of the MT.
I hear ya, but this means I can leave it in 2nd on an auto x course, and generally use lower gears on a tight track.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Water temperature is a bit elevated too.

I remember my Z31's would run towards the higher temps in Arizona.
370z would get to 230F oil temp in daily driving in summer within shifting around 3-5k. Also due to the tighter engine bay, let's hope the temp on the video was reached after beating on the car.

94boosted

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Camaro SS 1LE, BMW 340, Ford F150
I hear ya, but this means I can leave it in 2nd on an auto x course, and generally use lower gears on a tight track.
This guy knows what's up. Looks like it can only hit about 63-64MPH in second, I'd like to see closer 70MPH in second gear personally.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
370z would get to 230F oil temp in daily driving in summer within shifting around 3-5k. Also due to the tighter engine bay, let's hope the temp on the video was reached after beating on the car.
I think Nismo is aware of the temps, hence the hood vents on their test car. Let's see how it does in Fuji.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Also, the stock heat extractor is pretty small from the diagrams we've seen, and I don't recall seeing a dedicated oil cooler. All items I'd definitely upgrade if tracking a turbo car.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
man i hope these temps are from hard running in vegas heat, we had a Z06 that was tracked and would over heat go into limp mode after a few passes we sent it back to chevy a few times to change parts, finally the 4 time in the dealer they gave us the money back

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Also, the stock heat extractor is pretty small from the diagrams we've seen, and I don't recall seeing a dedicated oil cooler. All items I'd definitely upgrade if tracking a turbo car.
I swear there was conversation on here awhile back about this very topic, and that one of the first thing many of those with VR30DDTT-equipped cars swapped out was the HE. Wouldn't surprise me if this remained the case for the Z.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
I swear there was conversation on here awhile back about this very topic, and that one of the first thing many of those with VR30DDTT-equipped cars swapped out was the HE. Wouldn't surprise me if this remained the case for the Z.
that plus im sure people might go for aftermarket hoods for sure with vents over the HE

Xeno

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1984 Pontiac Trans Am, 1968 Chevrolet C10
Occupation
Mechatronics Engineer

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score