First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Something very simple/similar to the Ing+1 +Shine-Auto add ons that were available on the 370z would be perfect for the Z. Maybe even add on the Customized Z body width spoiler and that would be round it off.

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
yeah some weight info would have been nice. if spending the $6760 + tax and shipping ...how close would that bring you to the zupr4s weight i wonder?
I think 🤔 the new Z is already using lightweight aluminum for all these parts like the 370Z has.

So in that case, sadly not much weight savings to be had 😔, presuming these are “wet” CF pieces.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I think 🤔 the new Z is already using lightweight aluminum for all these parts like the 370Z has.

So in that case, sadly not much weight savings to be had 😔, presuming these are “wet” CF pieces.
Good point about the aluminium......

I'm going to bet that there's a slight weight gain.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

Good point about the aluminium......

I'm going to bet that there's a slight weight gain.
uh ok... 😟

20-5-5CM-BECAUSE-RACECAR-Funny-Personality-Reflective-Car-Stickers-Decals-Racing-Enthusiasts-S...jpg

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Prolly save about 20-30lbs from the aluminum hood and hatch
What's the point of these items?

Didn't see any weights mentioned anywhere, which is what I would assume would be the motive behind this stuff.

Or you just wanna relive the glory days of Saturn dent resistant panels....
Screenshot 2022-09-09 133308.png

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Prolly save about 20-30lbs from the aluminum hood and hatch
Screenshot 2022-09-09 133308.png
That's not a Seibon statement.

That's a manufacturing tech statement.

Unless Seibon engineers CF parts from scratch, instead of applying CF skin to original parts, there won't be any/much weight savings and could end up being weight gains.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)

Unless Seibon engineers CF parts from scratch, instead of applying CF skin to original parts, there won't be any/much weight savings and could end up being weight gains.
I dont know about these exact products but i will say i had a Seibon carbon hood on my civic way back in the day and it was significantly lighter than stock. I was quite shocked when i first put it on.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I dont know about these exact products but i will say i had a Seibon carbon hood on my civic way back in the day and it was significantly lighter than stock. I was quite shocked when i first put it on.
Yeah, hit or miss back then.

I had an Acura Legend, and they had a hood for those back then. That particular one was heavier.

I doubt Seibon would sell parts that are heavier, it's just odd they didn't tout the presumed weight savings

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Yeah, hit or miss back then.

I had an Acura Legend, and they had a hood for those back then. That particular one was heavier.

I doubt Seibon would sell parts that are heavier, it's just odd they didn't tout the presumed weight savings
Yeah that certainly is odd. Seems like incredible marketing if all your hoods were lets say 50% lighter. Makes me think you're right that some hoods just didnt make that much of a difference.

I had a carbon hatch and duckbill on that same civic and while they were a little bit lighter, the fitment was complete shit and they faded in like 10 months lol. I dont have much interest in going down that route anymore.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
I think it’s harder and more costly for a boutique company to make car parts out of aluminum and overlay it w/ CF than straight CF.

I used to do FG mold work and I think I can do CF in my 2car garage