Oswald
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Anniversay Edition. VW Beetle Turbo. Mazda 6
Occupation
University Professor
Hi Folks

This is my first post on this website. Before I post, I will like to thank the many of you for your very informative discussions, especially on the advent of the 400Z which I plan to purchase in Spring 2022. However, to be honest, I am not overly excited with what I have seen and read of it so far. Nonetheless, I am a Z Enthusiast having been the original owner of a 2005 350Z Anniversary Edition that was purchased in Canada with kilometer odometer reading. I have kept this car in extremely great condition having covered around 60,000 miles and with all original parts. It is black and the color is still awesome since I winterize it under covers in my garage from late October to early March. I live in Illinois in case you are wondering why. I do not drive it in the rain unless stuck in it and I do not park it near vehicles. The inside is as pristine as the outside. So, while I am still wary of purchasing the 400Z, especially since my Z looks and drives so damn good, I am contemplating selling my 350Z privately and not even with Autotraders instead of trading .

MY QUESTIONS:

What price should I offer and/or expect to get you think?

Is it wise to put a For Sale sign in the windows and park it for public viewing in an area near where I live? Over the years, I have seen many sellers adopt this option.

P.S. While this is neither an attached sales picture nor a good picture in anyway, I am still sharing it with you so you can have a look at my Z.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Ozzi

20210718_135414[1].jpg

Captain_Kirk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Most of us are from the U.S. I'm not sure what the market is like in Canada, but I found some similar Zs on Autotrader with 30k being listed for 18k-25k UDS.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I've always sold cars using Auto Trader, but right now if I owned a 1-owner, 15+ year old Z with only 60k miles on the clock then I'm probably putting it on a Bring a Trailer. The car market is nuts right now and while it's not a '07-08, I think it would still bring in at least $10k.

No idea if the km cluster devalues it at all. Is it a manual trans?

Last edited:
OP
OP

4 Ever 1

First Name
Oswald
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
University Professor
Thanks.

OP
OP

4 Ever 1

First Name
Oswald
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
University Professor
No. Auto not manual.

Brickyard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 QX50 '13 Escalade Platinum '03 350 Z Touring
Your Pristine 1 Owner Unit is indeed Desirable.

There aren't too many Original ~ Unmolested 350 Zs out there in the Market Place these days.

Message me when the time comes for you to part ways; as I'd love to preserve your Z for many more years to come.

I used my '03 Brickyard for years as a Work Commuter Car, not a long range keeper with all the miles and wear and fun daily drive tear put on it, but I do want a long ranger Keeper Z, and yours seems to check all boxes that I'm looking for.
Auto Trans OK ~ as is: Color ~ Condition ~ Miles ~ and most importantly, it was Loved, Appreciated, and Pampered.

I'm just over in Northwest IN. Cash in Hand whenever you're ready.
No Rush, No Hurry, Check out the '23 Z in person ~ who knows, you may just want to stay in your '05 Anniversary 350 Z

OP
OP

4 Ever 1

First Name
Oswald
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
University Professor
Thanks. Dearly appreciate it. Will keep in touch.