First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
yeah, scary. I read it but will not watch videos like that. Makes me think too much when I am on the track

I need a cage at this point, but no one makes one that I think is any better-ie weld in They are Show car cage with pop rivet and or home depot bolts! LoL

I am at the point of no return in several areas. i need to sell and move to a BMW factory car or fully commit and gut and cage current ride.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
yeah, scary. I read it but will not watch videos like that. Makes me think too much when I am on the track

I need a cage at this point, but no one makes one that I think is any better-ie weld in They are Show car cage with pop rivet and or home depot bolts! LoL

I am at the point of no return in several areas. i need to sell and move to a BMW factory car or fully commit and gut and cage current ride.
I’m kind of shocked that after several years of the car being in the wild, and obviously tracked by a lot of people, there aren’t any quality ones out there.

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
I’m kind of shocked that after several years of the car being in the wild, and obviously tracked by a lot of people, there aren’t any quality ones out there.

So tight in there- to do it right you literally have to gut all the nice-ish BMW finishes
I would want to weld to frame at least 4 points probably would just go full 6 point at that point. But that is why i am wavering on the "point of no return" I have 100% of OEM parts I could put it back to stock everything and sell or sell as basically a race car as she sits.

Something the Z folks will have to look at too down the road I am sure if it proves to be decent on track

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
So tight in there- to do it right you literally have to gut all the nice-ish BMW finishes
I would want to weld to frame at least 4 points probably would just go full 6 point at that point. But that is why i am wavering on the "point of no return" I have 100% of OEM parts I could put it back to stock everything and sell or sell as basically a race car as she sits.

Something the Z folks will have to look at too down the road I am sure if it proves to be decent on track
Ah, gotcha. That makes sense. I’ve yet to sit in one, so didn’t realize.