First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S6
Occupation
Trade Compliance
General reviews of the sound system are pretty lackluster.
I'm thinking of taking my Z straight to my local car audio place to install some Focal K2's.

I'm not even necessarily a big fan of the brand, but it's like a perfect colour match to the ikazuchi yellow 😆
1657524599084.png

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
That was a good review, but I was hoping to see a bit of coverage on the noise suppression / sound enhancement feature. Can you control it?

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
That was a good review, but I was hoping to see a bit of coverage on the noise suppression / sound enhancement feature. Can you control it?
No you can't from the infotainment.
I took mine back to my Nissan dealership and asked them to turn off both the noise cancellation and artificial engine noise.

Also, factory Bose sub is absolute garbage... Swapped it out for a Kenwood spare wheel sub and the difference was night and day. Highly recommend.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I took mine back to my Nissan dealership and asked them to turn off both the noise cancellation and artificial engine noise.

Also, factory Bose sub is absolute garbage... Swapped it out for a Kenwood spare wheel sub and the difference was night and day. Highly recommend.
Good to know that you can turn it off (or at least have it turned off). Leaving that out of the infotainment settings seems like a fail. How do you like the road noise / engine sound with it disabled?

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Good to know that you can turn it off (or at least have it turned off). Leaving that out of the infotainment settings seems like a fail. How do you like the road noise / engine sound with it disabled?
The artificial noise was actually pretty nice, but it was very clearly fake. It had more of a V8 burble than sounding like a twin turbo V6 ..
The note/tone changed when I turned them both off (and you can do them separately through your dealer) but it was much more real, and I liked it for that reason.

I'm currently working with a local fabricator on a custom active exhaust system, and am VERY happy with the sound, both inside and out. Went with an anti-drone chamber in the muffler, so I get mechanical engine noise but no deafening drone on highway drives.
We are playing with downpipes and cat deletes to find the right balance of sound and power.
I'm very much more focused on sound and daily drive than outright power numbers.

I've posted a heap of pics of both stereo, exhaust and some other bits in the Australia chat. Let me know if you want any info or pics :)

Todd marks

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 White Nissan Z Performance
Occupation
Personal Training
Whats the price point for a subwoofer with installation? I have the Bose as well. Sound is very mediocre

Todd marks

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 White Nissan Z Performance
Occupation
Personal Training

How are you liking the aftermarket sub? The sounds got to great with the open trunk

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So honestly guys…in your opinion, how much extra do you think you will need to spend to get the car to a point where you are absolutely happy…nothing more to do?

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5

does the Kenwood fit without modification?

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
So honestly guys…in your opinion, how much extra do you think you will need to spend to get the car to a point where you are absolutely happy…nothing more to do?
Depends, on many factors. Performance mods, customized audio speakers/subs, body kits. These cars are highly modded in the car scene to make it your own. It can definitely get up there in pricing

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
does the Kenwood fit without modification?
Yes, perfectly.
The plug is different though, so had to cut and reattach the wiring. Also added a fuse to be safe.

As I've been telling everyone though, you'll need to take the car to Nissan to turn off artificial engine noise!

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
As I've been telling everyone though, you'll need to take the car to Nissan to turn off artificial engine noise!
Did you have this done? If so, what were your thoughts before and after?