Reliability Of The Supra So Far ?

NiZmonium

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 G37 6MT
Well , I'm not holding my breath for a Z anytime soon. Like many of us , I still continue to look at other cars . If money wasn't as relevant , I would likely be setting my sites on Porsche - but spending $70k on a car is not something I can logically justify doing.

I think BMWs are beautiful and many can be extremely fast , but I don't want a car I have to worry about and spend time at the dealership with.

We all know that the Supra is a BMW.

But is the Supra built by BMW or Toyota ? I'm assuming it's built in a BMW plant.

But does Toyota oversee any of the manufacturing , or are they involved in anything else that would determine the reliability of the Supra?

Screenshot 2022-04-30 081717.jpg

MAG1C CARP3T

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
Occupation
New Home Consultant
This probably would been better asked in the Supra forums. The car is all BMW aside from the body. I literally only service at BMW and they love it when I'm there. I would browse through this section on the forums to find anything that may concern you.

https://www.supramkv.com/forums/issues-warranty-recalls-tsb.15/

OP
OP
NiZmonium

NiZmonium

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 G37 6MT
This probably would been better asked in the Supra forums. The car is all BMW aside from the body. I literally only service at BMW and they love it when I'm there. I would browse through this section on the forums to find anything that may concern you.

https://www.supramkv.com/forums/issues-warranty-recalls-tsb.15/
Appreciate the link bro , i will check out the Supra forums .

I'm pretty certain once the 6 speed Supras start hitting the dealerships , theres gonna be loads of auto Supras getting traded in.

But , i would only want a manual

MAG1C CARP3T

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Occupation
New Home Consultant

I'm pretty certain once the 6 speed Supras start hitting the dealerships , theres gonna be loads of auto Supras getting traded in.

There have been many polls on this subject and about 10% would consider trading it in. Most are too heavily invested, outgrown shifting, primarly race them, or just got spoiled by the amazing ZF8HP51.

OP
OP
NiZmonium

NiZmonium

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 G37 6MT
There have been many polls on this subject and about 10% would consider trading it in. Most are too heavily invested, outgrown shifting, primarly race them, or just got spoiled by the amazing ZF8HP51.
Interesting . That still would put at least a couple hundred used auto Supras back on the market over the course of the next 1 or 2 years , would be my guess

Z hope

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura
Occupation
Retired

This may be odd but can you fit in a Supra ? I’m 6’2 200 lbs and I can’t fit . If I could I’d probably be in one .

MAG1C CARP3T

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Occupation
New Home Consultant
Interesting . That still would put at least a couple hundred used auto Supras back on the market over the course of the next 1 or 2 years , would be my guess
Even before the "manual news" a lot of people were selling the Supra for various reasons, couldn't afford, have kids now, got bored, or made a profit. Problem is they are selling for over MSRP used and I don't see the manual relieving any demand since people are still buying these, new or used, and will continue to do so no matter the drivetrain.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NiZmonium

NiZmonium

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 G37 6MT
This may be odd but can you fit in a Supra ? I’m 6’2 200 lbs and I can’t fit . If I could I’d probably be in one .
6' 1'' 180. I think I would be good . I think it's mostly husky people with larger torsos that sit up higher that have trouble fitting well

OP
OP
NiZmonium

NiZmonium

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 G37 6MT
Even before the "manual news" a lot of people were selling the Supra for various reasons, couldn't afford, have kids now, got bored, or made a profit. Problem is they are selling for over MSRP used and I don't see the manual relieving any demand since people are still buying these, new or used, and will continue to do so no matter the drivetrain.
Possibly , but even a quick search , i see a pretty decent amount of Supras listed for sale . And don't forget , every used car is selling for an arm and a leg right now

MAG1C CARP3T

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Occupation
New Home Consultant
Possibly , but even a quick search , i see a pretty decent amount of Supras listed for sale . And don't forget , every used car is selling for an arm and a leg right now
oh yeah so many sold to Carvana.