Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
This could be pretty cool. It's, of course, not as cool as the original, but I'm all for finding SOME way to keep manual transmissions a part of the game (click thru for more + diagrams) - https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com...lutch-s650-mustang-bronco-fiesta-focus-st-rs/

"
Ford Motor Company has moved to patent an electronic clutch system that would allow drivers to manually shift gears without having to worry about clutch engagement. Unlike conventional clutch actuation, Ford’s idea would do away with the physical connection between the clutch pedal and the throwout bearing, instead, clutch operation would become an electronic control based on sensor inputs to an algorithm. It could mean a new feature for the upcoming S650 Ford Mustang, an updated Ford Bronco, or a hot hatch like the Focus ST.

According to the patent abstract discovered by MC&T within the USPTO database, the system would feature a control module designed to automatically actuate the clutch allowing the driver to simply shift gears by moving the gear stick alone. The module would begin to disengage the clutch after a sensor in the shift knob tells it the driver has grasped the lever and has begun to move it through the detent, it would then reengage the clutch when the vehicle understands the shift has been completed."

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
^ Reminds me of the early tiptronic semi-auto transmission available on some early 911s. You shifted without a clutch.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Agreed. Also 1,000% agreed with this comment—

Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 1.37.17 PM.png
About a year ago a CR with less than 1k miles sold for $112,111. That PY ITR ended up selling for $112,112. Must be nice to have the $ to play around like this ?