takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
You say that but a single turbo Z got walked by my little 4 cylinder back when it was just extremely basic bolt ons.

STIs ain't Evos but a modded one will give plenty of cars a run for their money. Seeing the stock Z put a bus or two on it was pretty impressive.

Edit: Oh, look what I found...

Be honest now.....

You know the EVO I4 is a totally different beast than an STI.

It's much easier to make a EVO, GTI or GolfR shockingly quick than the Subaru.

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
Most stock G37x coupes run 102-104.
An STI would just barely Nick it, if the STI driver was really on top of his shifting.

Nonetheless, that's relatively slow these days.

I predict a 1/4 mile trap speed of at least 111mph for the new Z 9AT. The 9AT will easily pull away from even a moderately modified STI.
I start pulling away from modded WRXs and STi' around 80mph in my stock G37X.

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
Be honest now.....

You know the EVO I4 is a totally different beast than an STI.

It's much easier to make a EVO, GTI or GolfR shockingly quick than the Subaru.
Start putting too much onto the stock internals of those boxers and kiss those ringlands bye bye. The garbage fuel map for the stock STIs that creates that lean spot on initial boost ramp up is why I never bought one - you basically need a Cobb Tune in the lot at the dealership. I've talked to a lot of STI guys about this problem. Many shared the sentiment of voiding your warranty to get rid of the garbage factory map was better for the longevity of your car.

The Evo motors coming from the factory with forged internals always put them above the STI in build for me. I hate that the Evo is gone. It's the best thing Mitsubishi ever built. When I got to kid-ville, I had to dump my 370Z for something with four seats, and the Evo X I was looking at would have doubled my car insurance (yes... from the Z. I couldn't stomach that.). The Focus RS was too harsh of a ride, and I didn't have faith in the STI at all despite enjoying it when I drove it. I ended up in a Q50S with the Rays wheels package and was happy despite foregoing the manual transmission.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I mean Evos are just above STIs.

I HAVE SPOKEN
ive watched many evo vs sti/wrx vids over the years and they always gave the subbies the slight edge...

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
ive watched many evo vs sti/wrx vids over the years and they always gave the subbies the slight edge...
Equally modded Evos will ALWAYS eat an STI. I have never lost to an STI, and I've raced many that should've embarrassed me. Must be that driver mod.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
You say that but a single turbo Z got walked by my little 4 cylinder back when it was just extremely basic bolt ons.

STIs ain't Evos but a modded one will give plenty of cars a run for their money. Seeing the stock Z put a bus or two on it was pretty impressive.

Edit: Oh, look what I found...

Pana, I don't hear 3 honks