Nissan Z vs Q60

supraboi

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS300
Will anyone be cross shopping with the Z's platform mate? I know there will most likely be a $10k price differences but maybe some used low mileage Qs will be around the same price range. Some plus I see with the Q60 is the having backseats for those with kids and the nicer interior.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
I have a friend that just picked up a Q60 Red Sport and while I think they look nice and are pretty fast with just bolts on and a tune; I'd still rather get the new Z. Why?

1. New Z with same engine, lighter weight = faster in stock form
2. I think the new Z will have more road presence and standout more than the Q60. It'll look "cooler" on the road.
3. The new Z will likely start under $40k. A new Q60 RS is upwards of $60k if I'm not mistaken. You can get a used Q60 RS with around ~10k miles for low $40,000s however.
4. In the long run I think the Z will hold more value and resale than the Q60 RS in 5 or even 10 years down the road.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Nope. Need manual and less weight. Q60 is great for people who want the luxury elements with the twins and backseat.

Subarashi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Camry, Q60 RWD
If i could go back I'd get the AWD Q60.
The interior is very nice, although other cars in that tier are probably nicer but I came from an old Honda and Toyota.

This is a luxury car first and a "sporty" car 2nd; You will not get the driving feel or as much fun as you normally would with a typical sports car.
It's a great all around car though I will say

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
The Q60 is another victim of the "Big Coupe" trend, it literally looks and feels like a Q50 with the back doors welded shut.

The car is beautiful, the motor has what it takes but the stock pizza cutters and "good enough" stock rubber make the tail squirrely.

The Jatco 7 spd also kills the fun.

BRZto400Z

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru BRZ
Occupation
Warehouse Associate
Im in a bit of a dilemma, I recently sold my only car to car max about 4k over sticker and was positive by quite a bit. The reason I did this was because I got a job on a cruise ship for 6 months. (When I get back the Z will be released) Would it be smarter to get a Q60 redsport if I can get it for less than the Z? The markup down here will probably be around 15k. Keep in mind I’m coming from a slightly tuned brz so any power would feel incredible to me.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
as nice as the q60 is, it will feel like old hat... if you were really looking forward to the new z, you may second guess yourself when you pass one by on the road.

ultimately it depends on your budget and what makes you happy. if you can possibly wait for the hype to die down a bit you could save some money after all the youtubers/social influencers overpay to get attention/be first.

wait for the second wave. maybe we'll get lucky and nissan can start cranking them out quickly or we can place orders and get them at msrp. of course i putting myself in your shoes without knowing your budget.