Not open for further replies.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
What response does Nissan have for all those saying this new Z is just a re-skinned 370Z? (I'm sure most details about the new car will answer that during the debut) But curious to hear what an official response to this comment would be.
Pretty sure they wouldn't even address such a question. This isn't something new in the auto industry, the R32 - R34 had essentially the same chassis. In addition, to simply call it a re-skin isn't fair as we don't know anything about suspension, not to mention any chassis mods (such as for increased stiffness) that are all totally possible.

Last edited:

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
Pretty sure they wouldn't even address such a question. This isn't something new in the auto industry, the R32 - R34 had essentially the same chassis. In addition, to simply call is a reskin isn't fair as we don't know anything about suspension, not to mention any chassis mods (such as for increased stiffness) that are all totally possible.
I'm just glad we got a new sports car and they didn't turn it into a cuv/suv. They could have easily done that and made more money.

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
Even if Nissan does it will be yrs down the road. They will not want to take the spot light away from the new Z by releasing "beautiful" photos of an all new stillborn Z that never saw the light of day.
I expected as much. Maybe they could at least talk about the whole process or what it took to get us day to today.

Z_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
s2000, Xterra Pro-4x
Pretty sure they wouldn't even address such a question. This isn't something new in the auto industry, the R32 - R34 had essentially the same chassis. In addition, to simply call it a re-skin isn't fair as we don't know anything about suspension, not to mention any chassis mods (such as for increased stiffness) that are all totally possible.
I agree. But if this is more of QA session "after hours" and not an official press release, why not? This is what my local Toyota dealership said the upcoming Z would be (cuz they're in the position to make such statements lol). So I'm sure many competitors/people may say the same. Just an idea for a question, word it how you want :p

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
Since we switching to design and process:

When did work on the Proto begin?
How many rejected design proposal were there?
When was the final design approved?
What was the biggest challenge the design team faced?
Were there any design compromises? If so, what were they?
Since the Z35 is heavy based on the Z34, what improvements where made to meet today's safely standards?
Is there something that the designers really wanted to make production but couldn't due to cost or regulation?

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
I agree. But if this is more of QA session "after hours" and not an official press release, why not? This is what my local Toyota dealership said the upcoming Z would be (cuz they're in the position to make such statements lol). So I'm sure many competitors/people may say the same. Just an idea for a question, word it how you want :p
LOL, oh I'm sure the Toyota dealers will find a million ways to spin the new Z!

"Did you hear they're still selling with a manual? I mean, come on, why not throw in a rotary phone why don't ya?"

Subarashi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Camry, Q60 RWD
Will the ECU be tunable? We all know people are gonna tune this car, i hope yall dont pull a c8 vette and make the ecu “untunable” lol
Let's not forget the Supra either at least after 2021!

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Let's not forget the Supra either at least after 2021!
If you can’t tune the new Z, some might be turned off and not buy.

If so, it better be 500WHP car lol

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
If you can’t tune the new Z, some might be turned off and not buy.

If so, it better be 500WHP car lol
The Q60 is pretty much a Z with a back seat and it is very tunable. Same engine in both, so tuning won't be a problem.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
The Q60 is pretty much a Z with a back seat and it is very tunable. Same engine in both, so tuning won't be a problem.
I’m hoping they somehow make it 450 HP and 400 Torque.

relyt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
CNC Machinist
I assume this will be covered at some point, but will the in dash unit have wireless android auto and apple carplay? Maybe a Qi charger in the center console? Neither are deal breakers by any means, but they'd definitely be nice to have.

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
I assume this will be covered at some point, but will the in dash unit have wireless android auto and apple carplay? Maybe a Qi charger in the center console? Neither are deal breakers by any means, but they'd definitely be nice to have.

I want to know this as well actually. It looked like on the Proto there might have been a spot for phone charging between the shifter and climate controls.

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
I want to know this as well actually. It looked like on the Proto there might have been a spot for phone charging between the shifter and climate controls.
The proto did have a wireless charging space so hopefully the production model will have it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.