Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan_Passe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
It's almost here and we cannot wait to show you the new Z! Please tune in at www.nissanusa.com/live

I'll be on tomorrow night after the car is revealed to answer questions. And call upon some of the execs to chime in if they're available.

A few ground rules if you will:
- We will answer as many questions as possible - however we will not start until after the event concludes
- We will only answer questions about the Z car - and as a rule cannot talk future product, so can't talk about future propulsion ideas, etc.
- There's a lot of excitement and we'll do the best we can, so we ask that you be patient with us when answering.

Thank you.

Updated with Q&A:

Thank you, going to read it now. Looks like waay more info than the lame "Reveal". I assume this means there is only one engine, the 400hp. Never good to "assume". Ok, gone to read!
our official press kit is available at www.Nissannews.com

I was really hoping for pricing, trim levels, options and a better look at the interior and engine
will start around $40k for Sport model. All images and info at www.nissannews.com

I might have missed it, but is the Z being manufactured in Japan or US?
japan. Tochigi.

Watched the reveal and saw the release specs at https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/t...ial-release-specs-pics-videos-wallpapers.418/ already, but am dying to know:

1) Official Pricing. The COO leak says the base is $40k, but how much will the sport and performance packages cost?

2) Are body color options offered on the “Proto Spec” edition or is yellow the only available color?

3) Is a body colored roof offered or is black the only option?

I may have overlooked answers to the above somewhere. Thanks for the help. :)
1) that’s all the pricing we have to announce now. More coming out closer to on sale Spring 2022

2) Proto Spec is only yellow with black roof.

3) solid color is 3 colors - the rest are two tone with black roof.

@Dan_Passe, couple of questions please.

a) are the Options list on the spec sheet complete (besides the Proto options), i.e. no other options available, there doesn't seem to be many? What about some of the Performance items avail to those wanting Sport? I'm set for Performance but hoping won't tip the scales at $50K to start with.

b) any idea on curb weights?
A) options will be limited at launch. Can’t speak to year 2 but for 2023 models it’ll be slightly limited.

B) expected to be near the current car (maybe a bit more) - will release when homologation complete.

Do you have any insight on what spec will be available in Australia?
not yet. US is first market for reveal. More specs soon.

Thanks, apprec the timelines, will watch for upcoming updates.

We can assume more color options at least when comes to ordering and in the configurator?
absolutely. There’s 3 solids and 6 two-tones - you’ll be able to see them all soon.

For me the biggest disappointment is the LSD being restricted to the performance model. Any chance you guys would consider making it an option on the base model?
I've conveyed this suggestion to some of the product planning / execs on-site, will continue to follow up. But right now, it's as stated - LSD on Performance model for 2023 model.

@Dan_Passe please tell me there is an option to delete the katana chrome blades. they really just kill the look for me. seen many photoshops with those in body color or black and it's such a better look.

my other question is are they really only putting the carbon driveshaft on the manual and not the auto? the 370 had carbon in both. that seems like a mistake not having it on both in the new Z. with a 5.3 1st gear ration in the auto i feel that will be more stress then the manual can produce.

also, thanks for being here to answer questions. it's greatly appreciated.
Katana blades - sorry to let you down but you need to see it in person to get the full effect. I'm sure there will be plenty of options if you wanted to change the color, but from the factory, bright it will be.

Carbon driveshaft - correct. Our engineering team has been doing extensive and ongoing testing in Japan and the U.S., and the decision was made as reported. I know a lot of these folks personally and they're not "gentle" with the acceleration, so I trust their judgment.

When will automotive journalists/youtubers get their hands on cars to do reviews?

Will we see production test cars making their way around U.S. dealerships before Spring 2022 deliveries?
Question 1 - as soon as I can get them, but it'll be awhile before they're prepped and ready. I don't have any dates yet, after the new year is most likely.

Question 2 - you'll see test cars without or with less camo probably today depending on where in the country you are.

Last edited by a moderator:

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
We appreciate you taking the time to check in on the site. Fair warning, you just opened the flood gates of questions that will soon be coming your way. Myself and many of my friends are pumped for the new Z.

So if I understand correctly, asking about the Nismo version would fall under not talking about future product? It is still a Z . Just looking for a loophole, lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dan_Passe

Dan_Passe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
We appreciate you taking the time to check in on the site. Fair warning, you just opened the flood gates of questions that will soon be coming your way. Myself and many of my friends are pumped for the new Z.

So if I understand correctly, asking about the Nismo version would fall under not talking about future product? It is still a Z . Just looking for a loophole, lol.
We're excited too. And I think you answered your own question there...

More tomorrow!

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Hey @Dan_Passe appreciate your availability for these questions!

Since I will be tracking it mostly here on So Cal venues, my main questions:

1) Suspension and brake specifics - more adjustability than offered on the 370Z, electronic damping adjusts, coilover options, big brake BBS offered?
2) Prior issues like CSC, cooling, resolved? Of course this is for reliability
3) Configurable main instrument cluster, e.g. data logger, etc.
4) Nismo to be available right away or future

Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI (Sold)
Thank you! Please ask Nissan all the questions they [suspiciously] didn't answer in the Reveal, but SHOULD have answered. :p

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
Thanks Dan. So exciting to see for Nissan and car enthusiasts everywhere. With the world in such a bizarre state now, what a great distraction to focus on something so fun so exciting and so cool!

Its going to be amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.