Status
Not open for further replies.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Senior Nissan VP saying there will be different output levels of the v6. Maybe he means future variants like Nismo. He can't mean the current car. That was already supposed to have been decided. What do you all think?

I am sure that on the reveal they said it was the same for both models, so I think he must mean it’s a Nismo he is talking about.

I think there is too much guessing going on for a car that has been revealed. Surely at this point we should know cost and the basics of what you get…otherwise how much if a reveal is it really?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Oh and P.S Peter Brock is an Aussie so we better get the performance model in Aus if they took his input

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
dan, is there a vid nissan or major outlet took of the q&a after the reveal?

something that will give us more insight that will be released in the near future?

Dingobaby

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
B7 Passat 1.8t Apr stg 1+ intake exhaust
Senior Nissan VP saying there will be different output levels of the v6. Maybe he means future variants like Nismo. He can't mean the current car. That was already supposed to have been decided. What do you all think?

Yeah saw that earlier and i was confused for a bit but I'm sure he's talking about nismo

Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI (Sold)
I am sure that on the reveal they said it was the same for both models, so I think he must mean it’s a Nismo he is talking about.

I think there is too much guessing going on for a car that has been revealed. Surely at this point we should know cost and the basics of what you get…otherwise how much if a reveal is it really?
I know. The Reveal was a nice production, with cool videos, Walker and the CEO (?), but it was a partial reveal, not a full one. Maybe that's what they want. Nissan peeps read this forum (Hey, Nissan ?) and they think, "MMwahahaha, we got 'em hooked. Look at that, they're sifting thru the crumbs we left, trying to guess the weight, price, engine output etc! We OWN THEM MMMWahahaha!!" Dealers are reading the forum, trying to figure out just the right markup we might tolerate, because greed and corruption.

relyt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
CNC Machinist
Z Performance models equipped with a manual transmission include an advanced launch assist control system that helps deliver smooth acceleration from a stopped position.
Dan, can you touch on this in a little more detail? I feel like most people haven't noticed this and are only talking about the launch control system in the automatic transmission models.

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
Dan, can you touch on this in a little more detail? I feel like most people haven't noticed this and are only talking about the launch control system in the automatic transmission models.
I feel as though it’s more of an assistance so you don’t buck or stall.. rather than a launch control like the auto that gives max grip and boost from the line. Purely speculation on my end.

Xirallicgdb

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 STi, 1980 Toyota pickup, 2016 tundra
Occupation
Painter
@Dan_Passe , is the yellow exactly the same on the production car as the Proto? Looks different to me.

relyt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
CNC Machinist
I feel as though it’s more of an assistance so you don’t buck or stall.. rather than a launch control like the auto that gives max grip and boost from the line. Purely speculation on my end.
I could see that I guess, but I really hope it's an actual launch control, hopefully with adjustable launch rpm. Corvette has had that for a decade. I would like to think Nissan could do it too, especially in a performance car. And the fact that it only seems to come on the Performance model, and not on the Sport, I would have to assume it's a real "side step the clutch and go" type launch control.

Xirallicgdb

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 STi, 1980 Toyota pickup, 2016 tundra
Occupation
Painter
Not Dan, but it’s already been said it’s different…very close to it though apparently
That’s unfortunate. The pearl on the Proto looked really nice. I wonder if it’s a pearl at all or just a solid yellow?

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I very much doubt it's a solid yellow, it would never look close to the proto paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.