Status
Not open for further replies.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F-150
i have some new questions for Dan.

how long of a lifecycle are y'all expecting for the Z?
is there a time frame of when Nissan will be switching to an electric Z?

Z34_2.0

First Name
Homer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Sorry if this has already been asked, but when will media outlets be able to test drive the new Z?

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
i have some new questions for Dan.

how long of a lifecycle are y'all expecting for the Z?
is there a time frame of when Nissan will be switching to an electric Z?
Hopefully it's not as long as the 370...

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
@Dan_Passe hope you are having some great and safe holidays.

My current questions are if you have any idea now where someone like me in PA can see and get the Z in person before launch? NYIAS would've been good as I was planning on going, but then it was cancelled. I do not plan to attend NYIAS this year because while I support vaccines I don't support tyrannical leadership.

So where's the nearest I can see and get in this thing before launch or am I just going to have to wait for them on lots? I'm 6'2 280lbs and want to make sure I can fit... In fact, I see a LOT of people questioning this now on Twitter, YT, and Reddit. Many of us concerned. If I can't fit, I'll just go buy a M240i or new M2 instead.

Also, when can we see some first drives and reviews considering this thing is supposed to launch in spring? If I can't see it in person, please get one out to "SavageGeese" on YouTube to review or first drive it at least soon. Heck I'd review it too on YouTube if I can drive it. Is the performance trim a touring car ior s it a proper sports car with turn in and handling?

Finally, when can we get some pricing? I think we've all been patient for long enough no? And of course I'm talking performance trim because all the must haves have been packed into there, cleverly enough. I'm still staunch that $45-46k is around the max because of dealer mark ups and competition. You come close to that $50k mark, you're facing M240i, Supra, possibly new M2 competition along with the Mustang of course. $48k for a manual and no active suspension and Nissan level materials and only 400hp/350tq (hopefully massively underrated)? I don't know...
I agree SavageGeese's reviews are usually about the best out there, but I don't think Nissan will be in any hurry to let him anywhere near the new Z, as his "farewell" 370Z review last year basically eviscerated the car. To mix metaphors here, he ripped Nissan a new one. I very much doubt they were thrilled about it.... They'd have to be supremely confident in the new car to give him an invite to a first-drive event.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Hey @Dan_Passe , happy new year to you and yours!

I would be just fine with a “yes” or “no” to this question assuming you can’t provide details, but should we expect any updates out of Tokyo next weekend?

OP
OP
Dan_Passe

Dan_Passe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
Hey @Dan_Passe , happy new year to you and yours!

I would be just fine with a “yes” or “no” to this question assuming you can’t provide details, but should we expect any updates out of Tokyo next weekend?
Sorry about delay - I think you've seen the answer by now. They showed a special custom Z (concept-style) and announced the car for their market, trim packages and the pricing on their Proto Spec. Nothing that impacts our market, but if you all like the orange, I'll make sure to pass it along.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Sorry about delay - I think you've seen the answer by now. They showed a special custom Z (concept-style) and announced the car for their market, trim packages and the pricing on their Proto Spec. Nothing that impacts our market, but if you all like the orange, I'll make sure to pass it along.
I don't like the orange. I LOOOOVE the orange. Thanks Dan!

Status
Not open for further replies.