Not open for further replies.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
However our prices are set, dealers are taking deposits, they are being entered into the system, and it’s my understanding that they will fill them by date and not necessarily give a dealer a traditional “ allocation” as some dealers who have double digit orders already are still taking more.
Spoke again to my dealer yesterday. He said there's still nothing whatsoever in their system and no mention of models, options, orders or allocations form Nissan Australia. He took my deposit as a commitment to an allocation if/when available.

So strange that we're being told absolute opposite stories by our dealers.

I'd be double checking these facts with your dealer.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Spoke again to my dealer yesterday. He said there's still nothing whatsoever in their system and no mention of models, options, orders or allocations form Nissan Australia. He took my deposit as a commitment to an allocation if/when available.

So strange that we're being told absolute opposite stories by our dealers.

I'd be double checking these facts with your dealer.
Correct No allocations in the system is what I have been told, and no set prices to date …so no difference there, no double standards.
That is why they have to enter them in manually, into the system and they are then visible by Nissan Australia, so when allocations do become available they allocate by that list (I asked that exact question) as I placed my order in April and am also the first in my dealers list for a manual and have stated I would like yellow but it’s not a deal breaker, there is no reason to make anything up as even if they only get one manual allocated I get it?‍♀
Did they take your license details? And did they fill in an actual contract?
My dealer did as did the guy from NSW….the only thing that is not set is price .
On my contract he put 80K subject to final pricing from Nissan. He said that could be higher than what it will sell for but it will be adjusted if it’s lower.
At any stage after 6 months a contract can be voided by either party in Aus, so by the time pricing is released I can still walk away if I’m not happy

As to “If they are allocated” refer back to the letter I received from my dealer in the other thread (not my salesman by the way…just same dealership)

But he swears one model, and Nissan will work way down list in terms of date ordered.

The fact that some dealers have taken double digits speaks loudly, because why would they bother to take that many of it wasn’t the case, being the reason they have to give refunds. It’s just added paperwork etc

Last edited:

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Did they take your license details? And did they fill in an actual contract?
My dealer did as did the guy from NSW….the only thing that is not set is price .
They took my drivers licence and credit card details with approval to withdraw $1000 when order or allocation is locked in. No contract yet. This is only a small dealership with my interest a month ago being the first.

The one model is a fair assumption as it's often the case in our market, though the 3 colour limitation seems less likely.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
A
They took my drivers licence and credit card details with approval to withdraw $1000 when order or allocation is locked in. No contract yet. This is only a small dealership with my interest a month ago being the first.

The one model is a fair assumption as it's often the case in our market, though the 3 colour limitation seems less likely.
Hmmm…see that’s the thing.
My dealer initially (back in April ) said that small dealerships may not get allocations depending on numbers
However if they fill them in order date it shouldn’t be an issue??
Mine is the second biggest in WA in terms of sales
I have a contract exactly like you would sign if buying a car in stock, signed off by myself salesman, and manager as a witness
In the special comments part it states price subject to Nissan finalising
They have already taken money as most other larger dealers have …but again if it didn’t come to fruition money needs to be returned within 30 days by Australian law (my dealer told me this himself and when I looked into it it’s true)

We have only ever got one model outside Nismo, and convertible so yeah I believe it, colours like you I’m a bit sceptical…but I didn’t confirm and it could of been in reference to any number of outcomes, or I could have misunderstood him.

Maybe call a couple of the big dealers…see what they tell you

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Hmmm…see that’s the thing.
I will make some more enquires tomorrow. Not the slightest bit worried about the deposit but if your name is already entered in the system with Nissan, I want the same!

P.S. whoops, this discussion in the wrong thread.

HLS30-49788

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 GT-R, 1997 Nissan pickup
Occupation
Looooong retired
I would've laughed directly in his fucking face.
I smiled, said "There are other dealers in this area", and walked away... to the table to get my $10 gift certificate, which I spent all but 13 cents of at a nearby store on the way home. Needless to say, if I ever do a trade of my 2009 GT-R for a 400Z, it won't be there.

Still no reply from the General Manager, so I guess he approves the Sales Manager's way of doing things.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I smiled, said "There are other dealers in this area", and walked away... to the table to get my $10 gift certificate, which I spent all but 13 cents of at a nearby store on the way home. Needless to say, if I ever do a trade of my 2009 GT-R for a 400Z, it won't be there.

I would understand if Nissan US can’t do the same as Aus you guys get more choice and much bigger market.
But I’d have to hope that someone high up like @Dan_Passe saw your comments and tries to stamp it out somehow…this is hurting their brand after all

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
Hi Dan, if this was asked sorry, but when will the car be available for reviewers to do full road test reviews?

OP
OP
Dan_Passe

Dan_Passe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
Hi Dan,

On the 8 speaker Bose upgrade, does that include separate subwoofer(s)?

I know the Z includes a "tire repair kit" but is there a spare tire well under the rear hatch floor?

Thanks!
Hey there - sorry about the delay in this response. I'll need to get detailed info about the system, the Bose system in the Performance model does have 8 speakers, as you pointed out - +2 over the system in the Sport model. The new system features a 9-inch touchscreen, Apple CarPlay (including wireless), Android Auto, Voice recognition and more. Can you tell me what specifically you are looking for?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Hey there - sorry about the delay in this response. I'll need to get detailed info about the system, the Bose system in the Performance model does have 8 speakers, as you pointed out - +2 over the system in the Sport model. The new system features a 9-inch touchscreen, Apple CarPlay (including wireless), Android Auto, Voice recognition and more. Can you tell me what specifically you are looking for?
I'd like to know if the Bose system has subwoofer enclosure(s) or if it uses big woofers in the door.
My Q60 has the big door woofers, so curious if it will be like that.

Oh, and the reason I asked about if the spare tire well still exists, we can buy subwoofer enclosure made just for the spare tire well.

Thank you!

MARLEY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 RAM 1500 Laramie
Occupation
US Coast Guard
Do you know if Android Auto will be wireless?

Status
Not open for further replies.