Status
Not open for further replies.

maxdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Tundra
@Dan_Passe - thanks for all the information regarding the new Z. As a long-time manual transmission driver I found the most difficult vehicles to shift smoothly were 2 Nissan products that I owned, a G35 coupe and a 370z. It has been the source of much internet discussion for many years, with folks complaining about the heavy clutch and difficult engagement point, making it difficult for some to launch smoothly.

Has this issue come to anyone's attention? Any information and insight on this issue is greatly appreciated!
Looks like we will wait for when the cars hit the dealerships!

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
If you can’t tune the new Z, some might be turned off and not buy.

If so, it better be 500WHP car lol
Every year Audi/BMW releases an uncrackable ECU but soon after they're cracked. With enough time under the belt for the VRs from the infinitis, we're in a good spot for the updated Z VR to get the 500hp Mark. As per some videos have noted, the displacement is slightly higher on the Z, so in theory with simple boltons you should be good to add 20-30hp and add a tune (even plug-n-play JB4) and you can up that to 120hp.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I don't think Nissan has ever tried very hard to lock an ECU?

Toyota knows how to lock an ECU.....

I think the Germans always say they "locked the ECU this time" but someone leaks the keys to make sure the tuners stay attracted to their current cars. However, German car will definitely record/log attempts to tune the ECU to protect the manufacturer during warranty abuse.

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
Hi Dan when can we expect to see the Z on the east coast tri state area .Happy Holidays

OP
OP
Dan_Passe

Dan_Passe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
Dan, something I've been trying to get ironed out... are you able to confirm if Ikazuchi Yellow, yellow calipers, and bronze wheels are specific only to the Proto Edition or if those will be options for the performance model as well?
For the calipers and wheels - yes, only Proto Spec.

MARLEY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 RAM 1500 Laramie
Occupation
US Coast Guard
Hi Dan,

Any idea how long until dealers begin taking orders?

When can we expect to see them arriving at dealers? I understand this question is a bit tricky given current supply chain/shipping delays, but a rough estimate would be nice.

Thanks

OP
OP
Dan_Passe

Dan_Passe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
On-sale is Spring 2022. I know everyone is eager to order - hoping that we have ordering info available within the new few months.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
For the calipers and wheels - yes, only Proto Spec.
Thanks for the reply. I figured, but the spec sheet was kinda ambiguous about it.

The other most important question... is there an official weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.