Status
Not open for further replies.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
"Hope" in one hand, crap in another, see which one fills up first....

I highly doubt Nissan USA will do a darn thing about dealership price gouging. When has Nissan USA ever acted in the best interests of the customer?
Hope Nissan dealers will and the likely consequence is shoppers gonna go to buy Supra instead.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60

94boosted

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Camaro SS 1LE, BMW 340, Ford F150
@Dan_Passe Thank you for taking the time to provide answers to all of these questions, it's much appreciated.

Would it be possible to get a further breakdown of how exactly the front suspension geometry was changed? From the Nissan Press Kit "The front double-wishbone aluminum suspension features new geometry, including increased caster angle, improving straight line stability." What is the new caster angle? Was the static camber also changed? Is camber now adjustable? Did the dynamic camber curve change?

I know it's a fairly technical question but it would be greatly appreciated for those that are planning on autocrossing or tracking their new Nissan Z. Not just on this forum but also for folks on the more motorsport specific forums.

Last edited:

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
@Dan_Passe thanks again for being here and answering all our questions.

is there any info on the Z's weight distribution? sorry if i missed it.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Should have all spec updates soon. I know everyone has been VERY patient for info and we thank you for that. The next few months will be quite exciting, and I'm hoping that everyone's questions get answered, in great detail!
3d68a00106a2585a083699d29459dfd6.jpg

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Should have all spec updates soon. I know everyone has been VERY patient for info and we thank you for that. The next few months will be quite exciting, and I'm hoping that everyone's questions get answered, in great detail!
Thanks as always for jumping back on here, @Dan_Passe !

It's probably been asked to some degree within this thread, but hoping one of the updates/information releases will include how many Z's will be made for the initial release (assuming preordering remains a non-option for the States. Honestly remaining optimistic, perhaps foolishly, this might change). I think I can speak for a lot of folks on here that we're hoping there are plenty made in order to satiate demand and help keep things realistic for the buyer, but of course understand there are so many variables contributing to what's possible versus not.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Thanks as always for jumping back on here, @Dan_Passe !

It's probably been asked to some degree within this thread, but hoping one of the updates/information releases will include how many Z's will be made for the initial release (assuming preordering remains a non-option for the States. Honestly remaining optimistic, perhaps foolishly, this might change). I think I can speak for a lot of folks on here that we're hoping there are plenty made in order to satiate demand and help keep things realistic for the buyer, but of course understand there are so many variables contributing to what's possible versus not.
Hey...come on don't ask him too many questions or Dan will sneak away again ? Just wait until he has whatever info he can share, soon is all we're hoping for.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
"Over the next few months...?"
b16.jpg

Car's supposed to be on sale in spring according to Nissans official information. Well, we are into spring. I hope Nissan really delivers here considering how long they hyped this thing up at this point. Deliver on price, performance, and availability.

Just make manual performance trims. Save the chips from the sport trims and automatic transmissions.

Maybe they just need a "nudge" here...

Psstt. I heard the new Z is 4420lbs, 69f/39r weight distribution. $60,420 in the US since Nissan is actually putting ADM on their own cars. Pass it along. They aren't saying it's not by not giving us numbers.

On an unfortunately serious note, options from other markets are starting to look better and better. I can't go another car season without a cool car for me and my son. :(

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Pass it along. They aren't saying it's not by not giving us numbers.
"They're" not saying anything at all.

That does not mean you can just make something up and insinuate it's truth just because there's nothing released.

We've had plenty of that, well, you know when and why.

relyt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
CNC Machinist
"Over the next few months...?"

Car's supposed to be on sale in spring according to Nissans official information. Well, we are into spring.
Technically, no. Spring doesn't start for another week, and technically doesn't end until the end of June.

Status
Not open for further replies.