Q&A Session - To those that have seen the Z proto in person...

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
Is the black roof painted or is it glass?

I been wondering about this because someone said it was glass.

OP
OP
Lin626

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
I have not seen the car in person, but every video from the Chicago show indicates it's a solid roof. They all showed a solid headliner in their interior shots.
Thank you, I figured as much. It was just odd that several people on the Z facebook group said it was glass. I guess they were just trolling or messing around with us.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
can the katana be removed then attached to the tire tool and used as an actual sword?

asking for a friend...

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F-150
for those lucky enough to have a sit inside what is your impression of the interior?

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
for those lucky enough to have a sit inside what is your impression of the interior?
If the interior on the proto/spy shots is representative of the production model, then there will be many journalists, etc that will voice the lack of improvement over the 370z seeing how much time Nissan has supposedly had to work on the car. This will def be the case if we see the price tick up over $45K.

Hopefully Nissan has made the same quality improvements they've made on the Rogue/Pathfinder on the Z (or similar).

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
If the interior on the proto/spy shots is representative of the production model, then there will be many journalists, etc that will voice the lack of improvement over the 370z seeing how much time Nissan has supposedly had to work on the car. This will def be the case if we see the price tick up over $45K.

Hopefully Nissan has made the same quality improvements they've made on the Rogue/Pathfinder on the Z (or similar).
It’s got a touch screen now and nicer materials. Overall still kinda dated.. but that’s what is keeping the cost down so I’ll take it.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

right, this is supposed to be a budget sports car....if they want all that fancy stuff, nissan makes this other car called a gtr

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
right, this is supposed to be a budget sports car....if they want all that fancy stuff, nissan makes this other car called a gtr
Yea because you'll have all the haters commenting on how much more 'premium' the supra feels...lol..SCREW THEM. Z for the win...assuming they give us everything they've promised..and even if they give us 75%, it's a good bet they'll keep updating throughout the lifespan of the car.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Have not personally sit in it but I think what we've been seeing in the proto is what we're getting, they sure look production ready. I'll be happier if that main gauge cluster behind the wheel can be configurable for different functions, and a data logger would be nice. Of course any Recaro option would make me smile.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
My wife went from a '18 Rogue to a '21 Rogue. I can personally attest to the quality improvements overall. Keeping my fingers crossed the Z will get the same treatment.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
My car's interior has aged well for a '09 but still leaves a lot to be desired. The tech alone in the Z is a massive improvement to what I currently have so I'm pretty happy either way. I didn't have any quality issues that I can remember on either of my Z's with the interior or overall. Also keep in mind that the Z is built in Tochigi, not stateside.