Has one any put any money down?

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
Lotus required dealers to submit names with the deposit amount to prevent buyers from placing multiple bets / deposit . Nissan should do the same . it will help with their planning / production

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Lotus required dealers to submit names with the deposit amount to prevent buyers from placing multiple bets / deposit . Nissan should do the same . it will help with their planning / production
Why would you place multiple…wouldn’t you lose money?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Deposits are refundable. Even once a car has been ordered most dealers will let you cancel for a full refund.
As it is here in Aus, then if that’s the case I don’t understand the people bagging others in the US for putting money down on a car…I mean, if it’s too expensive or they can’t get what they want they get their money back right?
So what do you have to lose, and in the mean time at least you have your foot in the door.

As to multiple locations, I’m not sure if they limit it here in Aus, but I do know that our orders have been manually placed in the system…so surely other dealers would be able to see if orders were placed, maybe that’s all that is needed

Last edited:

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
As it is here in Aus, then if that’s the case I don’t understand the people bagging others in the US for putting money down on a car…I mean, if it’s too expensive or they can’t get what they want they get their money back right?
So what do you have to lose, and in the mean time at least you have your foot in the door.

As to multiple locations, I’m nit sure if they limit it here in Aus, but I do know that our orders have been manually placed in the system…so surely other dealers would be able to see if orders were placed, maybe that’s all that is needed
I’m not sure how it works in US aside from the inevitable price gouging (ADM) which thankfully would never fly here down under.

I’ve seen a lot of people on forums/fb being abused for paying deposits. Perhaps it’s because Nissan US said they’re not taking preorders directly.. I really don’t understand.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I’m not sure how it works in US aside from the inevitable price gouging (ADM) which thankfully would never fly here down under.

I’ve seen a lot of people on forums/fb being abused for paying deposits. Perhaps it’s because Nissan US said they’re not taking preorders directly.. I really don’t understand.
Yeah…things work different here…protected by ACCC, Nissan set prices, and I believe all allocations go through Nissan Aus central ordering system. So dealerships get told how many they can have but can order from the central computer system. Worse that can happen is we get our money back

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Learn from mistakes that C8 owners made.
Ask them to put it in writing. (no ADM, MSRP, etc.)
Otherwise, some dealers will add markup when the cars arrive.
True fucking story, ask me how I know lol

Why would you place multiple…wouldn’t you lose money?
Because in the US, you can actually make 10-50k+ flipping cars in today's market.