Has one any put any money down?

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
Peoria Nissan is taking my money! Just went in and put my deposit down. They don't know much but they promised no adm I don't know if I honestly believe it, but it feels good to know I have one locked down! I was the first to put down money on a '22 Z but apparently someone else already put down money down on the '22 Frontier. Just wanted to get the word out for those you who are getting a '22.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Yep make sure every detail you want is in writing, no ADM, etc. Did you specify what you wanted, manual, auto, trim? Not sure they can promise all that on first allocation unless it’s a large dealership.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
yeah...like others are saying...get it in writing. a trick stealerships like to do is tack on the 'care program' which is usually $1k to $1500.

Last edited:

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
yeah...like others are saying...get it. writing. a trick stealerships like to do is tack on the 'care program' which is usually $1k to $1500.
I’m excited for him. Here in Aus we got an actual contract, with what we want on it…e.g mine says yellow manual. It had a price on it which may be reduced or increased on released, but as Nissan sets the prices for all dealerships that’s not an issue.
The only thing I can get burnt on is trade in…and if they play silly buggers, I’ll just sell it privately because I’ll probably get more anyway. Once I get confirmation on delivery date I’ll probably try selling the RCZ privately in the few months before hand over regardless to get the most I can.

Datsun280Z

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS, 1962 Triumph TR3A
Occupation
High School Teacher
Called two dealers today. One guy had no idea what I was talking about and the other said they'll have a better idea of how to handle it after tomorrow. :rolleyes:

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Called two dealers today. One guy had no idea what I was talking about and the other said they'll have a better idea of how to handle it after tomorrow. :rolleyes:
The guy that doesn’t “know anything “ is either a useless sales rep or on his first day.
Everyone knows the reveal is tomorrow, even if they don’t want to take orders they can say it politely like the second guy rather than acting dumb…I would have no trust in someone who can not even be honest at this stage

OP
OP

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
Thanks for looking out guys, I know someone personally at the dealership so I was dealing with a manager. It's all on paper too blue with a stick! I've also got a receipt but that won't do me any good except telling me how much I lost lol. I think I'm in the clear though. This is one of the biggest nissan dealers in AZ. I probably should have just waited until tomorrow but I had been calling this dealer and other for months, and most said they would take my money months ago without even knowing what it looked like. This dealer is just now taking deposit because of todays reveal! They wouldn't take anything before since they didn't know anything so I don't know things seem to be going well. Fingers crossed though, I'll keep my eye out for any slimey "care program" tricks once the deal starts becoming more concrete. This is my first new car purchase so all advice is appreciated.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Thanks for looking out guys, I know someone personally at the dealership so I was dealing with a manager. It's all on paper too blue with a stick! I've also got a receipt but that won't do me any good except telling me how much I lost lol. I think I'm in the clear though. This is one of the biggest nissan dealers in AZ. I probably should have just waited until tomorrow but I had been calling this dealer and other for months, and most said they would take my money months ago without even knowing what it looked like. This dealer is just now taking deposit because of todays reveal! They wouldn't take anything before since they didn't know anything so I don't know things seem to be going well. Fingers crossed though, I'll keep my eye out for any slimey "care program" tricks once the deal starts becoming more concrete. This is my first new car purchase so all advice is appreciated.
My gosh…just reading this when I got to the bit “today’s reveal” because of time zone I have to wait until tomorrow, so the words “today” hit me square in the face.
Almost there!

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Don't unwarranted deposits kinda screw up for people that just want to pay MSRP or less?
Of course, but even more so for the first Spring allocations, dealers can price what they want because they will know what inventory they will get. Even if Nissan puts a cap on ADM, won't prevent dealers to upcharge with tricky financing. Later allocations might lower prices closer to MSRP but any 'list' a dealer has plays on their favor to upcharge, until supply catches up to demand and competition on pricing.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Of course, but even more so for the first Spring allocations, dealers can price what they want because they will know what inventory they will get. Even if Nissan puts a cap on ADM, won't prevent dealers to upcharge with tricky financing. Later allocations might lower prices closer to MSRP but any 'list' a dealer has plays on their favor to upcharge, until supply catches up to demand and competition on pricing.
If dealers are not for sure anybody will buy their first allocation batch, they won't have any substantial evidence to justify for up charge. By placing the dollar bill on their table by 10 different people when their allocation is only 1 will likely result in a price war! I think that's what happened to the Supra.