First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Night shots can enhance or flash out, so important with lighting. Great variety of shots! Aside from that, what spring rates and setup do you have, coilovers, springs? How is the damping at that lowered stance?

OP
OP
Proto Z

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Night shots can enhance or flash out, so important with lighting. Great variety of shots! Aside from that, what spring rates and setup do you have, coilovers, springs? How is the damping at that lowered stance?
Yeah, I used to take a lot of night shots (UrbeX) but never really any cars. Still very much learning the ropes.

Just wanted artificial/neon lights for this car... Maybe it's just my perception of JDM or something...

I don't know spring rates off hand- just got the team at MCA to play with it stock, then do whatever they thought they needed to it.
Didn't disappoint!

Sitting on MCA Reds at the moment, and I usually get around on softest settings (level 12). If im doing any spirited driving I dual the front to 6, and rear to 8.
Probably don't need to go any stiffer in front- sway bar fixed all the body roll...

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
Like I said on the Gram.... very nice and love the car. Can't wait for mine!

OP
OP
Proto Z

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Thanks mate! Appreciate the support :)
I hope you get your hands on your own soon. Hope everyone does to be honest. Cant wait to see these things ruling the road!

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Personally, busy backgrounds detract from the main subject. Your last shot is dramatic because it's not so busy.

Learn to use Photoshop so that, if you do want to use complicated environments, you can burn in the background to highlight the car.

Also, learn to use the "Golden Hour" morning and evening.

Finally, 3/4 angles if you're not doing head or tail, or side angles.

PSX_20230305_111510.jpg

OP
OP
Proto Z

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Personally, busy backgrounds detract from the main subject. Your last shot is dramatic because it's not so busy.

Learn to use Photoshop so that, if you do want to use complicated environments, you can burn in the background to highlight the car.

Also, learn to use the "Golden Hour" morning and evening.

Finally, 3/4 angles if you're not doing head or tail, or side angles.
Thanks for the comments mate!
It's been a good long while since I have had the chance to take any pics, so I appreciate the feedback and tips.

Unfortunately golden hour is pretty much always out for me - work and kids get in the way...
I'm also trying to find some locations - pretty much all but the last set were on private property that I snuck into at like 1am, so I need to find somewhere public that I can go to and spend a bit of time getting the shot right.

I'm pretty fluent in PS, or at least I was... but I also know that for every hour of shooting I'll probably spend 3 hours of post processing in PS. I really have neither the time or inclination now, so I intentionally limit my processing to general adjustments that I can sync across a set in LR. Everything else is done at time of the shot, or I don't bother.
(hence these were all light painted during the exposure)

I'll give it another go in the coming week (or so) and see what I can do!