First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
This is a Huge plus for the aftermarket, really. That uncluttered design makes a better aero 'base'. I'm sure there will be variations of splitters, spoilers/wing, diffusers, flares in the works. Wonder how the Nismo variant will look like? Hoping for restraint aero add-ons and not overdone.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
Getting closer, so looks like the official name will be Nissan 400Z, fitting enough, and will be a 2022 Production model. Good info.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Just curious, but were there any patents of the interior or parts diagram?
Nah ...not leaked anyway.
I remember when I first posted about this and got hammered because “ why do they need patons...must be fake”
People need to understand that the US is just one country, and other countries have strict rules and regulations that you might not, and vice versa.
These were lodged in Australia due to their regulations, back in January
https://www.caradvice.com.au/915461/2022-nissan-400z-revealed-in-production-form-in-patent-images/

That is why the forum is good, because people will hear different things all around the world. Some may be true, some may be fake, but by sharing information it paints a bit more of a rounded picture.

This is why I am still holding onto the fact that release dates may be around Christmas, as the gent from Canada was given the same time line as us in Australia, and even in Australia there are two of us on the opposite sides of the country ( and it’s a big country) who have been told the same thing.

It may be false hope, it may be wrong (because I can assure you I’m definitely no insider )....but I’m holding onto it until I know it’s definitely not so, it’s always good to dream and hope

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
Nothing overly excited or ground breaking, but I'm assuming these are going to be the mirrors.

IMG_0901.jpg

240SX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14
Aww I thought since the thread was bumped that someone had found something good like diagrams of the chassis, suspension, engine ect.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F-150
I kind of wish they were able to add something larger and more circular inside the headlight casing to mimic the 240, but even if they don't, the lights still look good to me.
thats what the aftermarket is for.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
Really interested on what type of rear spoilers will be offered as factory options, but I'm sure the aftermarket will attack this area right away. It's too droopy IMO, needs at least a BRE type spoiler that is functional.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Doesn't surprise me at all that the patent drawings look exactly like the Z Proto.

Last year when the first up-close videos and pics came out (especially the one where they measure wheelbase and get chastised for it) it was very very obvious all of the bits unique to the new Z were production-spec. The way the wheel liners matched the fenders and clipped in using those typical plastic push pins, the under spoiler looked completely OEM manufactured and not trimmed/hacked Z34 parts. The dash with the old-school Nissan/Infiniti key dock (why would that even be in a Proto? the key dock is a fail-safe for when your key fob doesn't communicate with the PTS, a Proto car could totally do without). The way the roof-rail "katana blades" looked factory made and not hand made.

And, of course, using a TON of carry-over Z34 bits. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Nissan vendors have already begun manufacturing many of the "new" parts for this car.

The only items I saw that looked like 90% proto were the headlights and taillights. The "high beam" portion of the headlights are definitely an off-the-shelf white LED module just shoehorned into the headlamps assembly, and they are more blue-white than the projector. I think the production headlights will look the same, but more refined. The taillights, something was "off" about them. Like they are hand-made. But I am sure the production ones will look almost the same. They may need slight variations depending on what markets the new Z will be sold in.

Status
Not open for further replies.