LugNut

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Ah...thanks for the proto comparison...

The dash is clearly missing the upper pad which is making it look janky.

This is a great canvas to start with. Plus, with this motor, the Nismo version can finally say something.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Based on the lastest info from @Andaesthetics, I don't think that was the case.
No definitely not intended. Like I said the leaker is just some car enthusiast that works at the LA port who saw the cars being received.
EDIT: The leaker had his videos and pictures taken down on social media. Nissan definitely didn't want this out.
Isn't that just for JDM Zs?
The "Fairlady" badge is only for Japan Zs. I believe they said this when they first unveiled the Z Proto.
if journalist are going for test drives in the summer im assuming the unveiling is going to take place pretty soon?
I heard the official production unveiling is said to be Fall, however I think Summer is more likely considering the cars are in LA right now.

Like I said the car is basically finished. We can clearly see these are road-going, safety-compliant, cars. The only reason these cars would be in LA right now, is for journalists to test them out and prepare their articles/videos on the car for the official production unveiling.

Last edited:

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
No definitely not intended. Like I said the leaker is just some car enthusiast that works at the LA port who saw the cars being received.
EDIT: The leaker had his videos and pictures taken down on social media. Nissan definitely didn't want this out.
I saw that as well. I hope the poor guy doesn't get fired.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Occupation
Freeloader

The "Fairlady" badge is only for Japan Zs. I believe they said this when they first unveiled the Z Proto.

I heard the official production unveiling is said to be Fall, however I think Summer is more likely considering the cars are in LA right now.

Like I said the car is basically finished. We can clearly see these are road-going, safety-compliant, cars. The only reason these cars would be in LA right now, is for journalists to test them out and prepare their articles/videos on the car for the official production unveiling.
Thanks for the update. I'm assuming he's a buddy of yours?

Are there any upcoming auto shows in the LA area or will Nissan have another digital unveiling?

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the update. I'm assuming he's a buddy of yours?

Are there any upcoming auto shows in the LA area or will Nissan have another digital unveiling?
No I have no idea who he is. I've just been following his posts on social media and relaying the info to the forums. Nissan said at their last digital show that they would be revealing more details on the Z "later this year". But seeing as these 2 production ready cars are in LA now, that tells me they should be revealing more details soon; this summer would make the most sense. When they had the Z Proto in the US the last few months it went from coast to coast, visiting a lot of automotive journalists/youtubers. I expect they are doing the same of these 2 production cars and allowing them to actually be driven. And then the car should likely go into production at the start of next year.

Here's the video that came out last month where they said more details come later this year.

Last edited:

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Nissan finally responded to leaks from C&D.

When asked if these photos are a new Z Proto with an automatic transmission, a Nissan spokesperson responded:

"I can only offer you the statement below on the photos floating around"

"As always, it is exciting to see so much enthusiasm surrounding the rebirth of our legendary Z. Watch for upcoming announcements on Nissan’s all-new, next-generation sports car, which will debut later this year."

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Glad to see that the exterior door handles on these models echo the Proto, and they didn't switch them up to look more like the 350/370 so far. It's one of the first things that I noticed on the Proto and was really hoping they would make it to production.

o0javi0o

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Bridge Engineer
Looking way better that the proto. As of now, catalog of colors are Yellow, Gun Metal and Silver... Gun Metal is the best of them three, for now!

I know it is extremely early to talk about this, but really wanting to see a Nismo version of the 400z.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looking way better that the proto. As of now, catalog of colors are Yellow, Gun Metal and Silver... Gun Metal is the best of them three, for now!

I know it is extremely early to talk about this, but really wanting to see a Nismo version of the 400z.
They did show a sneak peak of a navy blue color last month as well. Link here.
Not sure if it will come to fruition but it's an interesting color.

I posted this on the 370Z forums but figured I'd open the discussion here below.

I have a feeling there will be a lot of options:
-Roof, pillars, hatch, mirrors in black vs body color
On the silver car the pillars, roof, hatch, and mirrors are black while on the grey car they all match the grey body color. Also the top grille of the grey car appears to be body color (it's hard to tell in the video if the silver car had a body colored grille).

-4 piston Akebono or 6 piston GTR Brembo
Both leaked cars had red Akebonos brakes instead of the yellow GTR Brembos we saw on the Proto

-Gun metal or bronze wheels
Both had gun metal wheels, Proto had bronze wheels

-Interior colored stitching
I noticed these cars (at least the grey one) didn't have any colored stitching on the interior and the Z proto did.

-Carbon fiber exterior parts
These cars had black trim parts in place of the carbon diffuser, side skirts, and bottom lip (actually the 2 leaked cars didn't have a bottom lip attachment).

What if all of these things are options? And this is where I can see them making a lot of extra money as well. If we see the new Z starting anywhere from $35-39K, these options could easily bring it to low 50Ks and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a lot of Zs selling with a lot of options. And it would give Z enthusiasts the opportunity to really make their Z their own. It's probably wishful thinking, but wasn't it wishful thinking to think we'd get a new Z in the first place?

Last edited: