Petition Nissan to make available LCD cluster themes

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
A few weeks back I posted on the other, less popular forum, that Nissan should make retro-themed (and maybe some other themes that are popular, like GTR?) graphics themes available for the new Z's LCD cluster:
Z31 Cluster.jpg

I did see that at least one person mentioned the idea on these forums, but I'd like to get it out there for more people to see it. Especially, maybe, somebody influential at Nissan?

Nissan most likely still has all of the manufacturing files for their past cars instrument clusters, so they should be able to tap into that and convert them into themes, like the Z31 digital cluster above.

There's no binding regulations on how a cluster looks, so I don't see any legal issues holding back something like this.

I personally don't like all-LCD clusters, but if you could switch through cool themes, I'd be more enthusiastic about the LCD cluster.

Likely, enabling a theme might take away certain driver assist displays, but that wouldn't matter to me. I generally only use adaptive cruise on our newer vehicles, and that could be relegated to a small portion of the LCD anyways.

So, maybe themes based on all iterations of all Z's through the Z34 and maybe the GTR?

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I just want the cluster to be configurable for different useful gauges (already shows dual Boost on the Proto, cluster and center pod), I know I've said that already, plus themes would be sweet for backgrounds, I'm all in.

OP
OP
takemorepills

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
It'd be nice if Nissan could give us a cluster editor program where we could custom-layout our own gauges, let us choose from whatever sensors the ECU sees. That's prob asking a bit too much, though.

I agree, the dual boost readouts is redundant. We'll see, maybe the selectable gauges are already implemented, once the car is released we'll know more.