Other cars, really only one other option?

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
If you don't mind me asking, what year is yours and did you buy it used? Was fussing about on Ford's website last night building them, and curious how difficult it is to get one configured new versus just looking across existing inventory.
The Performance Pack now only comes as one level. Above the GT, your choices are the Mach 1 (which replaced the PP Level 2 and GT350) and the top dog GT500. Mine, a 2019 Level 2, had a new $46K sticker then, and yes I picked it up with very low miles still at $45K in today's market.

I'm not even sure if Recaros are still avail, but the other stuff - magneride, front 6-piston Brembos (those stop the car tremendously), rev-matching, exhaust modes - should still be configurable.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
i kinda wish i had gotten mag ride on both my gt and camaro

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
Is mag ride truly the end all be all suspension upgrade for 6th gen Camaros and Mustangs? I had a friend who raced in NASA's CMC with a 3rd gen Camaro RS and those cars we're truly dialed in. I have a base 10r80 5.0 and hope to do as best I can with what I have.

The camaro was my first option, but Chevy wouldn't honor their rebates at the dealership I worked with so I sought out an A10 Mustang. It's a lot of fun, but a different kind of fun from my understanding. @Blackbeard might be able to elaborate on this, but the Camaro appears to be the driver's car between the two. They've always handled better and mustangs always had the more sophisticated and better engines imo.

The Z is in a hard place. A Camaro LT1 is cheaper and will likely be the better performer at the strip and track. Mustangs and Camaros are plentiful and deals will always be out there. Both will always be faster and have more potential in a straight line. The twins are cheaper and according to almost anyone that compared the two says they prefer them over the last gen. I don't think turbos and minor suspension upgrades will make it the more pleasing car this time around. The Supra is a little more expensive, but has the better drivetrain (trans, no motor pull for turbo upgrade, B58) and is receiving high praise elsewhere.

One would have to be a big fan of the nameplate and style to choose one because better performers can be had at a cheaper price. To each their own and the only right answer is one that is made on our own. Can't have them all and the Z is one of many great options. I guess it's nice these easily attainable (sub $50k) are all so different. A base or higher trim well under $45k is something I'd pony up for over a 392 Challenger or GR86. The Zs interior is really nice as is the exterior. I like the cabin more than anything else sporty out there less than $50k.