Orders Open on 11/15/21 for 2022 Nissan Z

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Fill out the Reserve Your Vehicle form to secure your spot in the queue to discuss all-new Z with your preferred Nissan Dealer.

That's not exactly being able to order a car...
Are you Australian?
Didn’t think so.
Read what I said above.
You use the reservation they put you through to dealer, you fill in a WRITTEN CONTRACT that is entered into the system that goes back to Nissan Australia to be filled in order of date ordered….try and keep up
Why do you want to argue with someone from a different country that has always had a different way of dealing with sales.
For starters we don’t get the massive rip off dealers putting upwards of 10k (15 Aus) on a car…they are just not allowed to do it.
Just because it’s not what is happening in the US doesn’t mean it’s not happening here.
Even if you read the link carefully it reads
“Please note form completions are not a final purchase of the vehicle. Your preferred dealer will be in contact with you to discuss all-new Z and/or advise next steps to formally secure the vehicle.”

Note…next step to formally secure the vehicle…ergo the contract we have been given.

Our market is smaller, and we are nit expected to see it till August. Don’t worry…us Aussies are not stealing your allocations

Last edited:

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I'm a Z enthusiast through and through. I own a 370Z. I can tell you the new Z is not revolutionary. It's barely what I would call "new" and certainly not worth paying over MSRP. You're paying for the hype, the need to "be the first one". Both of those are short lived feelings and after time you'll only be a sucker in the end with less money in your account. Personally I'm gonna wait it out and pick up a lightly used Z or wait until they open orders and order at MSRP.

Is it a nice car? Yeah I'm sure it is and I'm sure it'll live up to the hype. But in my opinion, I personally don't see it being worth paying over MSRP.
I agree, once I saw it in person up close, almost everything underneath is 370Z with minor suspension tuning, the interior is not ground breaking either, the VR30DDTT has also been around, so it all depends on how the whole package performs. Is it going to be a much better driver's car than the 370Z, not just with more power? The new Z is hardly revolutionary. I do love the exterior design, that's a homerun!

The more I wait, the more I'm looking at other options. Sorry but hybrids and EVs are coming fast and are very capable on tracks and efficient. I'm also a true Z enthusiast but if dealers become sharks and set ridiculous pricing above MSRP, I'm not buying. I pre-ordered a Rivian R1T for 2023 delivery, that is a very capable truck, check the reviews. The Z will be my last ICE if it pans out.

Last edited:

tractng

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 RDX, 2016 Miata
Occupation
Systems Admin
I agree, once I saw it in person up close, almost everything underneath is 370Z with minor suspension tuning, the interior is not ground breaking either, the VR30DDTT has also been around, so it all depends on how the whole package performs. Is it going to be a much better driver's car than the 370Z, not just with more power? The new Z is hardly revolutionary. I do love the exterior design, that's a homerun!

The more I wait, the more I'm looking at other options. Sorry but hybrids and EVs are coming fast and are very capable on tracks and efficient. I'm also a true Z enthusiast but if dealers become sharks and set ridiculous pricing above MSRP, I'm not buying. I pre-ordered a Rivian R1T for 2023 delivery, that is a very capable truck, check the reviews. The Z will be my last ICE if it pans out.
Right on. I am not paying a penny over MSRP. I am also a Z fan (owned 2004 350z base, 2005 350z roadster touring in the days).

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N

Curious what else you're eyeballing? I think you may have mentioned Bimmer (M2/M4 iirc?) and maybe a 718 in the past?

Agreed re: Rivian - if I was in market for a truck, that would be highhh on list.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Curious what else you're eyeballing? I think you may have mentioned Bimmer (M2/M4 iirc?) and maybe a 718 in the past?

Agreed re: Rivian - if I was in market for a truck, that would be highhh on list.
The M2 Competition was high on my list, but the Cayman GT4 or GTS is even higher, but not sure now with the R1T on my next purchase list. I think the Z would fit the bill nicely as the last ICE without breaking the bank, since that R1T is costly already, ouch!

What helps is my shares on TSLA, RIVN and LCID are doing well, this is for the long run, where things are going.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
The M2 Competition was high on my list, but the Cayman GT4 or GTS is even higher, but not sure now with the R1T on my next purchase list. I think the Z would fit the bill nicely as the last ICE without breaking the bank, since that R1T is costly already, ouch!

What helps is my shares on TSLA, RIVN and LCID are doing well, this is for the long run, where things are going.
yea I was in the same boat as you looking at multiple ICE cars instead of the Z, until i drove the Model 3 and Model Y Performances. Now, the Z and possible GT3 in the future, will be my last ICE cars, and I'm shifting to EV for sure. Ordered a M3 LR for the wifey 2 days after having the MY Performance for a few days. Unfortunately, I'm on the tesla bandwagon now as much as I wouldn't want to be. Let's see how the build quality is on the '22 model year cars..