Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Yeah but the execution on the latter is meh...
I agree. I understand the retro throwbacks, but I'd really like to see them think out the box and stop trying to recreate the past. I think the new Z has plenty of retro in it. In this current market of new tech and new automotive standards I think they need to stand out more. Sure retro styling can stand out, but to me it feels like they're forcing too much retro now. I'd like to see them add more modern or "futuristic" designs rather than more retro.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Front license plate looks better on the production car.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Okay so at 14:20 you can see how the automatic shifter works. It just slides down to select P/R/N/D. Is this completely new or do they have this type of shifter in their other new vehicles?
We have the same shifter in My Wife's '21 Rogue. The shape is a bit different, but the functionality seems to be the same.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Seems a bit odd to me that they are hyping a modified fascia for a car that hasn't even been released for sale yet. Points to a lack of confidence in their production design perhaps - certainly nearly all of the negative feedback about the car's look has been directed at the front end and to a lesser extent the black roof, both of which the customized car changes.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Seems a bit odd to me that they are hyping a modified fascia for a car that hasn't even been released for sale yet. Points to a lack of confidence in their production design perhaps - certainly nearly all of the negative feedback about the car's look has been directed at the front end and to a lesser extent the black roof, both of which the customized car changes.
I agree, but on the bright side it means they are open to redesigning the front end in the future. Personally I'm not into this one very much, but I'm sure they'll considerably change the Nismo.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Do you like it?
I only drive it occasionally. It does take some getting used to. For example, I keep wanting to move the shifter forward to go into park, but with this shifter, that puts you in reverse. You push a button to go into park.

Once in drive, you use the paddle shifters if you want to shift manually. That isn't affected by the type of shifter on the console. The Rogue transmission is fairly responsive for a CVT.

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
I only drive it occasionally. It does take some getting used to. For example, I keep wanting to move the shifter forward to go into park, but with this shifter, that puts you in reverse. You push a button to go into park.

Once in drive, you use the paddle shifters if you want to shift manually. That isn't affected by the type of shifter on the console. The Rogue transmission is fairly responsive for a CVT.
So from park you pull it back and it goes durectly to drive. ? And I guess if you stop you don’t even do anything other than push down to park ?

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
So from park you pull it back and it goes durectly to drive. ? And I guess if you stop you don’t even do anything other than push down to park ?
This shifter is very German. Audi and BMW have very similar shifters. Buttons for park snd just pull down for drive and then tap up or push up for Reverse.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Tap it. I thought that would put in park ?
So you press and hold the silver button on side and pull down to put in drive, then press and hold again and push up for reverse. Halfway push up would be neutral. Then press the P button on top for park. My b9 works in a very similar way as do BMWs. It's usually now just a button to press for park. See image :)

nissan-z-red-interior-blue-exterior-2-png.jpg

Chris(NJ)

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 Tacoma, 49 Chevy 3100 (Prior 2x 300zx TT owner)
Occupation
LEO
I think it looks great in orange. Dislike the hood graphics...seems to..."Dodge'ish", to me. Not a fan of the exhaust tips either. But just nitpicking.