MaelstroM

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta ST
It’s interesting that there’s a fair amount of defense for the pricing of the performance trim - I believe the general disappointment is justified.

A couple of caveats - this only applies to the US market, and I’m comparing 2022 Supra vs 2023 Z pricing:

Comparing Z performance to Supra 3.0 (non premium) with destination, the Supra is ~$2000 more.

Supra pros:
- Adaptive suspension
- Closer to 50:50 weight distribution
- Underbody aero
- BMW-quality interior + iDrive
- 14-way power adjustable seats
- 1 year NASA + 1 HPDE

Z pros:
- Center console layout
- wireless Apple Carplay, Android Auto
- GTR-inspired steering wheel
- Physical e-brake

Unknown pro or con:
- Type of LSD
- Brembo vs. Nissan brakes
- Feel and quality of manual transmission
- Michelin vs. Bridgestone tires
- 10-speaker HiFi vs 8-speaker bose
- Cargo area size and shape
- Aesthetics / Styling

Barring style and aesthetics that are subject to personal taste, I think it’s fair to say that the Supra is better value *on paper* in light of the announced pricing.

Z_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
s2000, Xterra Pro-4x
I like everything about the car minus the price tag and the no LSD on the sport trim. $10k price gap is big. I'll be looking for one on the used market in a few years or when I can negotiate a new performance trim for the price of a Sport. Until then, you had everything going for you Nissan but you overpriced the Z by $5k-10K, and now the Supra is offering a manual so we'll see how things turn out.

XinaZ

First Name
Xzavier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Accord
Occupation
Detailer for Tesla
EXACTLY. A 4 door did that without all of the upgraded cooling, new recirculation valve and about 350+ pounds heavier than the Z ..oh and without that 9 SPEED trans.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
They'll sell every car they can build for a while but I would've liked to see the Performance come in at least a few grand cheaper. $45,990-46,990 seems more reasonable to me. No real issue with the Sport price as it's pretty spot on with what a lot of us expected.

I'm holding off for a Nismo as originally planned, but I'd pass on a Perf @ $50k if I wasn't.

jose3030

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 Acura Legend 6sp Coupe
EXACTLY. A 4 door did that without all of the upgraded cooling, new recirculation valve and about 350+ pounds heavier than the Z ..oh and without that 9 SPEED trans.
From all my friends that have Q50 and Q60's, their 7 speed is pure trash.
this 9 speed will destroy it.
Can't wait to see tunes!

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
When did you put in your order? Did you get it yet? If not, do you have an ETA?

Just wondering cuz I put in an order (request) for a Miata Club back in March, but I still don't have a solid ETA. I may end up cancelling the order since I now have an NA Miata....
I put my order in mid February. Did you get your VIN?

mine says arrival to dealer at May 30th and I assume they have to PDI it, or maybe the ship is delayed or something (I hope not)

Ok, so I actually got a call today from my sales guy at the local Mazda. He had an updated ETA of early-mid July. He said they'd collect the fully-refundable deposit once they get a VIN. He even told me if I don't buy it even after it gets shipped to them from Japan, they'll just mark it up and sell it from their lot, lol.

Man, I know I said I might cancel... but now that owning a brand new 2022 Miata at MSRP is closer to reality, I just might have to do it!!!

Gonna be hard to ignore that devil on my shoulder...

giphy.gif

twlai

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ND2 Miata RF
$45k would be the sweet spot for the performance
$41k for base with limited diff.

There is no reason to build a proper RWD sport car without limited differential!

$51k is too much for this car, I will have to fell back to GR86

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
Ok, so I actually got a call today from my sales guy at the local Mazda. He had an updated ETA of early-mid July. He said they'd collect the fully-refundable deposit once they get a VIN. He even told me if I don't buy it even after it gets shipped to them from Japan, they'll just mark it up and sell it from their lot, lol.

Man, I know I said I might cancel... but now that owning a brand new 2022 Miata at MSRP is closer to reality, I just might have to do it!!!

Gonna be hard to ignore that devil on my shoulder...

giphy.gif
Just go for it. I mean it's at msrp.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
lol i bet non of the nissan higher ups will even enter chat to talk about this
Dan's probably gone, he's been gone basically. He knew the shizzstorm that was brewing in here. $52-53k for a decent color premium, what a joke. And it's missing so much tech, quality, and performance compared to the other cars. Then Toyota came in and did them dirty with the manual announcement we all knew was coming.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Dan's probably gone, he's been gone basically. He knew the shizzstorm that was brewing in here. $52-53k for a decent color premium, what a joke. And it's missing so much tech, quality, and performance compared to the other cars. Then Toyota came in and did them dirty with the manual announcement we all knew was coming.
Whatever happened to that mclovin guy charging 5k markups and saying it would still undercut supra