Nissan Z will get 6-piston disc brakes in the front and 4-piston disc brakes in the rear

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
This car ends up with 400 hp ( as it should ) it needs these brakes for safety reasons IMO. Same reason they have 285 tires in the rear. Most higher hp cars always have this or bigger.

I’m sure this BBK on the proto is the same caliper as the GTR with a slightly smaller rotor. So if it is and they have been already mass producing them. Making more and using same design should make production cost lower and again safety is well needed keeping base price still reasonable. Fast car should stop fast to.

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
Hopefully the bbk will be offered and also proper brake cooling.

MicVelo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z, Datsun SRL311, SL55 AMG
Occupation
Tech Consultant
No care how much it costs.

I want to know where I can buy the tires to run on my underpowered and very slow 350Z. If the car don't scream, at least the tires will scream "Z cahhhhhhhh!!!"

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
does anyone know the tire size of proto and performance ?

Treefitty

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
335i
I’m very disappointed there is not a 6/4 brake option considering the 370z needed it and there were known issues with the 370 brake set up from the start. Guess I’ll have to wait for the nismo.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
A few YT auto reviewers kept referring to the Akebonos as Brembos.
@6:50 the Nissan rep said the 19" (Performance trim) will have the typical Akebono fixed calipers, likely from the 370Z or Q60. Perhaps the prototype model may elude to the Nismo trim package having the large Brembo (like the STI)

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
I’m very disappointed there is not a 6/4 brake option considering the 370z needed it and there were known issues with the 370 brake set up from the start. Guess I’ll have to wait for the nismo.
The 370Z does not need 6-pistons. I have a 370Z and the 4-pistons are plenty fine. As long as you have reasonable pads and rotor life you'll have plenty of stopping power. 6-pistons would be nice on the new Z but the 4-piston Akebonos will still be just fine. I can guarantee that.

If you really wanted you could probably mount the 6-pistons on the front of the new Z via aftermarket.

Xirallicgdb

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 STi, 1980 Toyota pickup, 2016 tundra
Occupation
Painter
Having OG STi brembos and driven a Wrx with 4 piston AP racing brakes, I can say it’s not all about pistons... the AP racing’s are on a whole different level.