First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Nice details pointed out - bushings, camber adj, steel(?) subframe - but not really much different from Z33 and Z34 as expected. JG Pasterjak at GRM knows what to look for on suspension stuff.

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
JG's analysis of the rear suspension contradicts the recent article from speedhunters.com that stated:

Speaking to the Trust representative, apparently the front suspension layout in the Z is identical to that in the Z34 370Z, while the rear has borrowed heavily from the Skyline 400R – the JDM version of the Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400
(I had a feeling that comment was inaccurate, based purely on photos)

https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/threads/rz34-r-d-trust-begins-parts-development-on-the-new-z.1462/

For shits and grins, I priced out the cost of upgrades using existing 370Z gear (many brands to choose from including Voodoo13, GKtech, ISR, Hotchkiss, Stillen, Whiteline, Eibach, Z1, etc...)

Full SPL suspension (assuming a swap to true rear coilovers): $4979.00
Screenshot 2022-10-04 130659.jpg

Z1 upgrades: $1319.94
Screenshot 2022-10-04 130330.jpg

There are many outstanding coilovers under $2k for the Z34, for example Fortune Auto Gen 8 500 series at $1799.

41672.jpg

Total $8097.94

Last edited:

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
JG's analysis of the rear suspension contradicts the recent article from speedhunters.com that stated:

https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/threads/rz34-r-d-trust-begins-parts-development-on-the-new-z.1462/

For shits and grins, I priced out the cost of upgrades using existing 370Z gear (many brands to choose from including Voodoo13, GKtech, ISR, Hotchkiss, Stillen, Whiteline, Eibach, Z1, etc...)

Full SPL suspension (assuming a swap to true rear coilovers): $4979.00
Screenshot 2022-10-04 130659.jpg

Z1 upgrades: $1319.94
Screenshot 2022-10-04 130330.jpg

There are many outstanding coilovers under $2k for the Z34, for example Fortune Auto Gen 8 500 series at $1799.

41672.jpg

Total $8097.94
Still cheaper than boosting the 370z ;) HAHA
Thanks for putting all that together - like others have said - there is a lot of work to do to get the suspension to where most of us would want it to be

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
This kinda of feeds into the idea of getting the $40k Z and then do all the suspension upgrades along with a diff - I feel like that would get you to where the performance Z is at and will wind up being a better value.

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Retired
True. As I was totalling everything up, I kept thinking about the $6995 price tag of the Magnuson TVS 1900 supercharger for the 2GR-FKS Tacoma.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security

I'm almost sure speedhunters is wrong, no new development under the new Z as JG analyzed, just minor tweaking.

@Heavy Dupree on your list don't forget we need good LSD - Quaife, OS Giken - to add, priority stuff.

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Retired
@Heavy Dupree on your list don't forget we need good LSD - Quaife, OS Giken - to add, priority stuff.
True, and if you want the sport edition - then factor in the cost of the Akebonos, carbon fiber driveshaft and comparable forged wheels.

Last edited:

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Thanks for putting all that together - like others have said - there is a lot of work to do to get the suspension to where most of us would want it to be
haha, a bit of a stretch to say "most". That list is very comprehensive, and aftermarkets pretty much every piece under the car.. including diff braces, and motor and transmission mounts ?

I doubt very many will go that far just to get it "how it should have been". The average guy will never utilize that amount of adjustability in an every day driver.

I'd say a simple set of coils, some sways would make a world of difference in how the car handles on a day to day basis.

Unless you're a serious track rat, and really want to dial it in to perfection, and need that level goodies.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
haha, a bit of a stretch to say "most". That list is very comprehensive, and aftermarkets pretty much every piece under the car.. including diff braces, and motor and transmission mounts ?

I doubt very many will go that far just to get it "how it should have been". The average guy will never utilize that amount of adjustability in an every day driver.

I'd say a simple set of coils, some sways would make a world of difference in how the car handles on a day to day basis.

Unless you're a serious track rat, and really want to dial it in to perfection, and need that level goodies.
I agree. Most of us will never need that or plan to do that. Id probably do brakes, coils, and lsd then call it good.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
I agree. Most of us will never need that or plan to do that. Id probably do brakes, coils, and lsd then call it good.
From what I have seen from reviews, that's probably all it needs to get it to feel fantastic. Dial in the stiffness, tighten her up in the corners a bit, and firm up those brakes. LSD if you're going sport.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
Good thing is, almost all the aftermarket is already there (370Z) and AMS is tuning one easily, already up to 500 whp. Upgrades will come easy on this Z👍

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer

I definitely agree with you - I just know that if I was to lower my Z - I would definitely be picking up some SPL parts; which of course is not cheap. So as it stands right now - my plan is to save up for some of the SPL parts along with some Fortune Autos.

Granted - having everything kinda listed out just puts things into perspective, especially for those like me who are at the point of - would I get the new Z or look to heavily mod the current Z? When this Z first came out - I was onboard with just heavily modding my 370z and now - not so much since to get something like twin turbos from the factory (warranty) just seems a lot more appealing. Most of my negative posts were pertaining to how a lot of reviews are complaining about the suspension etc - looking at you Throttle House haha.