First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Occupation
Active Duty
With the release of GT7, also comes some interesting tid bits of the Z it seems.
Listed at 3402 lbs with 399 hp and 2997 cc
How close do we think the weight will be to the real thing? We know for a fact it's 400 hp and the cc is just under what's been released so how much higher can we expect the weight to be?

Update: it also mentions launch control and a magnesium alloy transmission case for the automatic 9 speed.

Last edited:

MGD

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4
Occupation
Owner of electrical contracting company
Well, according to the leaked Canadian documents…it’s a bit portly, weighing in at 3632lbs or around that…pretty much the same as my AWD Alfa Romeo Giulia sedan ?

That said, it should be 1 sec quicker than my Alfa 0-60…the Z should be close to 4.0sec according to a calculator I ran the numbers through.

Dotson

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nissan Pathfinder
Well, according to the leaked Canadian documents…it’s a bit portly, weighing in at 3632lbs or around that…
Let's hope that number that number is for the Performance trim with automatic!?

Reactions: MGD
OP
OP
DatChief

DatChief

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Occupation
Active Duty
I'm not sure it matters anymore it's going to be heavier than I wish as most cars are besides the Miata and twins.
Those cars are also much more underpowered then the Z will be. If they set up the suspension properly, and give it a nice set of tires off the showroom floor then the Z will be able to handle beautifully.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
This isn't far off from the 370Z, the added safety crap and the VR30 is about ~75 lbs more than the VQ37

They did pretty damned good if you ask me.

Jdawg_89

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 6, 335i
Occupation
Engineer
how close was these stats to project cars 3 stats?
Not very. PC3 features the Z proto, not the production car, and they gave it something like 440 hp and 3250 lbs, iirc

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Not very. PC3 features the Z proto, not the production car, and they gave it something like 440 hp and 3250 lbs, iirc
ok...found it.

power - 331 kw / 444 hrsprs
weight - 1475 kg / 3252 lbs

F5qnVxTAQwmFVZYzD32j.jpeg

JulieK

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 350Z Grand Touring, and 09 35Z Enthusiast
Occupation
Auto Parts Sales
Well, according to the leaked Canadian documents…it’s a bit portly, weighing in at 3632lbs or around that…pretty much the same as my AWD Alfa Romeo Giulia sedan ?

That said, it should be 1 sec quicker than my Alfa 0-60…the Z should be close to 4.0sec according to a calculator I ran the numbers through.
Giulias are fun great cruising partners. ?

• Love
Reactions: MGD

MGD

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4
Occupation
Owner of electrical contracting company
Giulias are fun great cruising partners. ?
They sure are! I’ll miss mine as I don’t think I’ll be able to keep it AND the Z ?

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
Those cars are also much more underpowered then the Z will be. If they set up the suspension properly, and give it a nice set of tires off the showroom floor then the Z will be able to handle beautifully.
Power is the only thing the Z will have on the twins. It wasn't enough to sway those doing comparisons and I don't expect this next gen to play out any differently. I never drove the first gen twins, but they are the closest thing to the s2k which I once had. Ultimately, I won't know which I prefer until I drive them both.

If I didn't have my 5.0 I'd possibly be swayed by the Z's vr30. But, I'm not. The Z has to exceed expectations in order to be considered as great as the twins. To each their own though I may prefer the Z over the GR we shall see. Not sure which direction I want to go with my next purchase.

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
ok...found it.

power - 331 kw / 444 hrsprs
weight - 1475 kg / 3252 lbs

F5qnVxTAQwmFVZYzD32j.jpeg
Weird. Maybe the Nismo will have 444hp, but I doubt they would get that serious about weight reduction. The Z32 TT was 3500lbs and the weight isn't really a deal breaker for me it's just that we have so many options as far as new cars!

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
It's crazy how accurate they get with every detail. I'd say even the paint looks very accurate to what Passion Red Tricoat looks like IRL. The sound I think may be a bit exaggerated from what we've actually heard.