Nissan Z - The Price is Right Edition / Expected pricing model?

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Where/when did you hear this stated? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're saying only Rosewood and two-tone paints don't cost extra? That would only leave Gun Metallic and Black Diamond Metallic costing extra which doesn't make sense. Gun Metallic, Brilliant Silver, and Black all come at no extra cost for all cars in their current line. For all of Nissan's current cars the TriCoat exterior paint colors all cost extra. Only seems logical that TriCoat would cost extra for the Z as well so I'm not sure what you heard is accurate. And I believe Ikazuchi Yellow is available for all Z trims, not just the Proto spec cars; seeing as a Base model Z was recently spotted in Ikazuchi Yellow.
It is worded strangely but I believe they mean Rosewood Metallic is the base color with all other options as "Premium".
This could vary in other markets.

I said Z Proto Spec will only be available in Ikazuchi Yellow. Not that this color is not exclusive to the Proto.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
It is worded strangely but I believe they mean Rosewood Metallic is the base color with all other options as "Premium".

I said Z Proto Spec will only be available in Ikazuchi Yellow. Not that this color is not exclusive to the Proto.
You have it right for your market at the very least. Nissan Aus site shows Black Diamond and Gun Metallic marked as Premium. All other paints are avaliable at no extra cost.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Correct…it was on the Australian specs for pre order you can find the info here…that is if the US is the same as Aus

https://www.nissan.com.au/vehicles/coming-soon/Z.html

Okay I see now, but it is confusing. It has a ^ next to colors indicating them as Premium, but every color besides Rosewood is marked with a ^. So if every color, but Rosewood costs more that would be frustrating. The AUS market is different for sure, Nissan offers different options and vehicles in general for AUS, so I guess we'll see come closer to launch date.

Last edited:

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Okay I see now, but it is confusing. It has a ^ next to colors indicating them as Premium, but every color besides Rosewood is marked with a ^. So if every color, but Rosewood costs more that would be frustrating. The AUS market is different for sure, Nissan offers different options and vehicles in generally for AUS, so I guess we'll see come closer to launch date.
Yeah, that is really confusing. I was looking at the site on mobile so I couldn't see the ^ at the end of all the two-tone paint names. All the two-tone paints are marked as Premium, but that verbiage below makes it sound like they're also available at no extra cost. That comma after Rosewood Metallic only makes it more confusing for me ?

^Premium, all colours excluding Rosewood Metallic, and two-tone paint available at extra cost. Z Proto Spec only available in Ikazuchi Yellow with Super Black Roof.

zeeder

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 370Z ST 6MT
Yeah, that is really confusing. I was looking at the site on mobile so I couldn't see the ^ at the end of all the two-tone paint names. All the two-tone paints are marked as Premium, but that verbiage below makes it sound like they're also available at no extra cost. That comma after Rosewood Metallic only makes it more confusing for me ?

^Premium, all colours excluding Rosewood Metallic, and two-tone paint available at extra cost. Z Proto Spec only available in Ikazuchi Yellow with Super Black Roof.
It's said badly, but I think they're saying that Rosewood Metallic will have an added cost as will all two tone colors.

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
Guys let's not build too much into the 61k price seen in Japan. An example, right now a 2022 Nissan Murano lists for 3,980,150 yen, that equates to $34,848 US dollars. The actual list price for a 2922 Nissan Murano in the US is $32,950.

So, we need to wait to see. But that is only 2k different. Hmmm

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
Guys let's not build too much into the 61k price seen in Japan. An example, right now a 2022 Nissan Murano lists for 3,980,150 yen, that equates to $34,848 US dollars. The actual list price for a 2022 Nissan Murano in the US is $32,950.

So, we need to wait to see. But that is only 2k different. Hmmm

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Posted on https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/threads/japan-pricing-on-the-new-z-61k.765/#post-19127

There are several comments on the Car Scoops article calling out the author for their mistake. The $60k is for the limited editions Proto spec. It ALSO includes 10% sales tax. The price w/o tax is about $55k USD.

https://creative311.com/?p=133169

This person (who seems to be correct more than he isn't, so far) says the JDM pricing will be around 4.8 million yen for the base up to 6.3 million for the top ST trim (basically our Performance). Taking out the 10% sales tax, that puts the Performance trim around $49k USD and (I'm guesstimating here) $43k USD for the Sport trim.

Going by the example from @bybepl above, we're now looking at around $41k Sport and $47k performance here in the United States, which is pretty much where everyone has been estimating.

Now we wait...

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
Posted on https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/threads/japan-pricing-on-the-new-z-61k.765/#post-19127

There are several comments on the Car Scoops article calling out the author for their mistake. The $60k is for the limited editions Proto spec. It ALSO includes 10% sales tax. The price w/o tax is about $55k USD.

https://creative311.com/?p=133169

This person (who seems to be correct more than he isn't, so far) says the JDM pricing will be around 4.8 million yen for the base up to 6.3 million for the top ST trim (basically our Performance). Taking out the 10% sales tax, that puts the Performance trim around $49k USD and (I'm guesstimating here) $43k USD for the Sport trim.

Going by the example from @bybepl above, we're now looking at around $41k Sport and $47k performance here in the United States, which is pretty much where everyone has been estimating.

Now we wait...
If it's north of 46k for performance I'm out, that's my upper limit.