Nissan Z - The Price is Right Edition / Expected pricing model?

300ZTT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
I'm sure it's been discussed, but I saw a Motoman video with chief designer Alfonso Albaisa talking about pricing. Albaisa said it's "south" of mid 40's and when Notaras asked if there was a "3" in front of the price, Albaisa dances around the question saying there are degrees of "south". This tells me it is starting in the 40's.

The new Z is a love child of a 370Z and a Q60 so based on this information I'd guess:
Sport (300HP): $40,750
Performance (400HP): $51,900

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
performance at $51900 isn't gonna help sell the car to the mass if Nissan wants to use it as a halo to promote their new line of cars / trucks

IMO i think it will be 45K and 50K for proto spec

Omunir595

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Don’t have one yet :(
Occupation
Student
Hi I’m new to the Z club forums. I was wondering what you all are thinking the potential pricing model for the Z is going to be. So far all we know is that it’s supposedly going to start at “around $40k”, but what about the performance trim or even the auto transmission models?

TiresAlwaysFlat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
Yes, the Rays wheels are probably 2-3K, if you was buying the wheels separately from the dealership.. but not as part of a whole package.. if that makes any sense?

The 3.0 Supra is about $52K MSRP. I'm expecting Nissan to undercut the Supra.. so my guess is 42K for the Sport manual and $47K for the Performance manual then maybe add $2K on top for the automatic.. that should undercut the 3.0 Supra by 3K for an automatic Z with Performance package. But who knows..? I just think if Nissan prices the Z too close to the Supra it wont sell as well as it should.

TiresAlwaysFlat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
I am afraid that it might be more than $5k.
The Rays forged wheels alone cause thousands. If not $3k, at least $2k.
Yes, the Rays wheels are probably 2-3K, if you was buying the wheels separately from the dealership.. but not as part of a whole package.. if that makes any sense?

The 3.0 Supra is about $52K MSRP. I'm expecting Nissan to undercut the Supra.. so my guess is 42K for the Sport manual and $47K for the Performance manual then maybe add $2K on top for the automatic.. that should undercut the 3.0 Supra by 3K for an automatic Z with Performance package. But who knows..? I just think if Nissan prices the Z too close to the Supra it wont sell as well as it should.

Omunir595

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Student
The 370Z was ~$30,000 base and ~$39,500 for the sport touring. In that sense I see the base 2023 Z being ~$40,000 and Performance being ~$49,500.
I really hope not. I wish I could just option out the sport model with the LSD, that’s all I really need, although the other stuff in

Yeah I totally agree. The Z needs to undercut the Supra in price by a fairly large margin if it’s gonna sell well over its lifespan. I’d say the performance trim should undercut it by at least $5k, which coincidentally is close to the MSRP of a fully loaded 2.0 Supra with the B48, around $47k. But it would be nice to get a fully loaded Z for a little under $45k.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
I really hope not. I wish I could just option out the sport model with the LSD, that’s all I really need, although the other stuff in
You're gonna want the bigger 4-piston Akebono brakes with this car. With the 370Z you kind of get away with not having them, but with the power the new Z has it's gonna be a must get.
I'm expecting sport at 40k, performance at 45k and Nismo at 50k.
The Nismo will likely be $55k if not more.

Omunir595

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Student
Oh yeah I totally forgot about the 4 pistons.

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
Oh yeah I totally forgot about the 4 pistons.
If it's actually going to be almost 10 grand more for the performance, depending on how fast companies like AMS an z1 hop on it, a good move could be to get a sport and then just buy an aftermarket lsd and put on the akebonos for reasonably cheaper than the performance.