Nissan Z Smaller Radio Head Unit in Red Interior?

qellman32

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023-24 Nissan Z Performance (Black/Black)
Occupation
DoorDash Dasher
Hey all.

Is it just me, or does the recently shown car with the Red interior have the smaller (Sport) Head Unit?
I mean I know that they have a track recording device or whatever sitting in front of it, but it appears (when compared side by side with the Proto and the Blue-on-Blue Z) that the screen is smaller and there are less buttons below the screen to press? I could be wrong or blind lol.

2021-12-29 20.32.44 www.nissanzclub.com b645b9e47212.png

OP
OP
qellman32

qellman32

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
DoorDash Dasher
It looks like the bezel is bigger, especially around the knobs, which look like the have simpler functions too. Or the knobs are smaller. either way, something appears to be different.

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
No idea what the trim level of the red interior is but the "sport" (base) model does have a smaller infotainment screen: 8 inches vs 9 inches on the performance models.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
No idea what the trim level of the red interior is but the "sport" (base) model does have a smaller infotainment screen: 8 inches vs 9 inches on the performance models.
yes for some inexplicable reason, us Aussies get a performance model car …with the smaller infotainment unit.
no sports model for us…no sir

I know someone gave me a reason to only getting the smaller unit, but can’t say that I’m not disappointed…my eyes are not as young as they use to be…give me the bigger unit any day of the week, even if I have to pay a little more ( I mean how much extra could it cost)

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
It's a performance model but not sure why it appears to have the smaller screen/knobs. Since it's a car being used for testing in Japan there are a few things that appear different from the NA spec even though it is a LHD car. Could even be related to supply availability at the time this car was built ?‍♂

OP
OP
qellman32

qellman32

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
DoorDash Dasher
using wide lens will do that, they are the same size.
That makes sense. The camera lens does appear to be a wider focal length, and it looks to be mounted higher up in the car. But those bezels are huge. And I'm hoping that we get as much functionality in the button row as it appears in the press photos. They seem sparse and basic in the red interior. Personally I appreciate a decently priced sports car that also has semi-luxury features, unlike the thought process of most car makers that drivers just want a steering wheel and pedals. Oh and some sort of shifter.

But, maybe it is the same ???

NJZGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z
Occupation
IT Technical Support
Hey all.

Is it just me, or does the recently shown car with the Red interior have the smaller (Sport) Head Unit?
I mean I know that they have a track recording device or whatever sitting in front of it, but it appears (when compared side by side with the Proto and the Blue-on-Blue Z) that the screen is smaller and there are less buttons below the screen to press? I could be wrong or blind lol.

2021-12-29 20.32.44 www.nissanzclub.com b645b9e47212.png
Isn't that a MoTech attached in front of the display in the red interior??

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Isn't that a MoTech attached in front of the display in the red interior??
Yep it is Motec or similar race unit. Not for production car.