626m3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46 M3
Next hour?! Oh they better give some specs :)

They need to turn this thing so we can see the rear more hah.

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
Great bones. The interior is exactly what I was looking for. A body colored roof would add more drama to the side profile. Aftermarket will fix what I don’t like. Carbon fiber side spears instead of silver and a different front fascia and grille. Everything else is love at first sight for me.

R_E_L

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 BRZ, '98 328i
I like every angle except head on, the rectangle cutout of the grill is a little too blunt when compared to the rest of the car's soft lines. Kinda gives me a domo-kun vibe lol. I think they could have borrowed from the g nose or just given the grill a little more of the dynamic in the rest in the design. Nothing radical, just a little more than a cookie cut rectangle. I know it is replicating the front of the 240, but even in the original it felt more like a cost effective shape, or a matter of efficiency, rather than purposeful design. But, having said all that, what will ultimately matter is feels and how it drives. Still hyped!

tetsuo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Maxima
I like every angle except head on, the rectangle cutout of the grill is a little too blunt when compared to the rest of the car's soft lines. Kinda gives me a domo-kun vibe lol. I think they could have borrowed from the g nose or just given the grill a little more of the dynamic in the rest in the design. Nothing radical, just a little more than a cookie cut rectangle. I know it is replicating the front of the 240, but even in the original it felt more like a cost effective shape, or a matter of efficiency, rather than purposeful design. But, having said all that, what will ultimately matter is feels and how it drives. Still hyped!
Exactly how I fee. The front straight on is all angular and doesn't seem to match the rest of the body, which is curvier. But they could possibly soften up the front a little with the production front? The side is by far my favorite look especially that roofline which is just sweet like the F-type's. Yea looking forward to hearing about the driving experience.

Lol @ "domo-kun vibe"

1/4atatime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver 370z 2018
Nissan showed this off in October last year to people but they couldn't talk about it apparently. Can't believe nothing substantial leaked before the reveal. https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/...ar-twin-turbo-v6-pricing-manual-transmission/

"I was actually fortunate enough to see the Z Proto briefly in person last October during a trip to Japan. I was sworn to secrecy at the time, and it's been incredibly hard to bite my tongue and not share any impressions until now, nearly a year later. I saw a slightly earlier full-size version of the Z Proto in a courtyard full of other future wonders (which I'm still not allowed to talk about). "

1/4atatime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver 370z 2018
few things I noticed lots of the same stuff from the 370z door handles, speakers, center arm rest portion, same steering wheel turn signal/light stalks, same or very similar exhaust as the q60/50. Looks like the same brakes as the q60 black edition, same interior light dome as the 370z. Redline is 7000rpm (red sport is 6,800) boost gauge goes to 20psi.

626m3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46 M3
few things I noticed lots of the same stuff from the 370z door handles, speakers, center arm rest portion, same steering wheel turn signal/light stalks, same or very similar exhaust as the q60/50. Looks like the same brakes as the q60 black edition, same interior light dome as the 370z. Redline is 7000rpm (red sport is 6,800) boost gauge goes to 20psi.
I don't mind a little parts bin recycling as long as they're not major panels or features. Those things you mentioned are cool with me. The 400Z's overall design is more than worthy of a different model name than the 370Z.

The completely rectangle mouth though is one exterior styling element that totally reminds me of the 350Z and something I wish they didn't emulate. Plus it looks out of place

MRichter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
bmw 325i
Did you guys catch the Fairlady badge?
Love it I hope it makes production as-is in the same exact location. Its a welcomed unique position for a rear badge.

Missed the live reveal but caught enough of a replay posted. Seemed like most of the exciting stuff was in the beginning anyway. It was definitely eye catching to use yellow as the prototype color but its one of those colors that wash out on camera. For example I almost missed the cool lines on the hood on first glance.

Too bad they didn't also bring out a matte or satin darker color too. Then the lines would pop.

phm14

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
86 Hakone, '18 Tundra 4x4, '15 4Runner Trail
Occupation
Veterinary practice managing partner
Love it, even though I always save my final opinion until I see a new machine in person. I'm already imagining a tasteful rear lip spoiler, and functional hood vents harking back to my '78 280s...Looking forward to more details...