Nissan Z Nismo : News, Updates, & Speculation

timszee

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Car(s)
Corolla
If they upgraded parts like that on factory cars that's like going back to the 90's. Back when they didn't put fake carbon on rogues and sentras and calling them NISMOs.

Always nice to dream.. Also, can we get this version back..
1617645196085.png

First Name
Nate
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 Mazda Rx8
Occupation
Service Advisor Nissan
I agree with Driving Enthusiast, I believe the new Nismo will feature the 3.0 turbo engine with a small horsepower bump. I think most of the R&D will go to the suspension, aero, and weight savings. Maybe 430hp and 100 pound weight savings.

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Cardiology
I read the article, notice that there is absolutely no source cited for that HP and TQ graph. Just another horseshit interweb journamalist leading readers to believe it was a Nissan official quote.

IMPUL

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Infiniti g35x, 2015 Nissan Micra
Occupation
Liuna Local 183
I read the article, notice that there is absolutely no source cited for that HP and TQ graph. Just another horseshit interweb journamalist leading readers to believe it was a Nissan official quote.
Very true. But, it would make sense as to why the nismo has a jump in price. And also makes sense as to why all the rest are 400hp and not 300hp base. They knew 300base wouldn’t make sense against the 370z

So all the them had to be 400Hp versions.
But nismo ALWAYS, has a little bit extra.

So this kinda really makes sense, andddddd confirms the reliability up to 600hp as seen on the forums

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
Why is it saying 2023? I'm assuming that is when the Nismo will first come out. If the pricing on these cars is accurate, it really does sound like a good deal for the fact that the GTR only has around 600hp and cost in the low six figures.

IMPUL

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Liuna Local 183
Why is it saying 2023? I'm assuming that is when the Nismo will first come out. If the pricing on these cars is accurate, it really does sound like a good deal for the fact that the GTR only has around 600hp and cost in the low six figures.
Thats what’s lending it some credibility.
This “Z” is like a smaller TT version of a GTT
to its larger TT big brother version GTR.

top of line : big big money
Gtt- reasonable “people’s car” but very similar to gtr.

the Z is the people’s gtr. We’ve ( the RWD manual turbo people’s) have been harassing Nissan For this car at any event They are at. I’m so glad they actually did it.

IMPUL

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Liuna Local 183
It is a real quote, respectfully referring to a lighter, smaller 2 seat coupe with a ridiculous power to weight ratio like the Godzilla Skyline. NOT that both cars would necessarily share a similar drivetrain.

exactly like I just said inmy last post.
It already is a baby gtr.
3.0 v 3.8
smaller disco potatoes
Less horsepower.
but the engine from what they”called” skyline eg. q50/q60 Into a “Z”

They put a modern version of “300zx engine” into a GTR, to make the gtr ( why it’s not called skyline )
Why not put a “skyline engine” into a “Z” and make baby gtr.
This makes a lot of sense;
There’s now;
GTR
Skyline
And fairlady Z all pushing turbos and 400hp +

this is the Nissan, I grew up with.

this is how I Interpret baby GTR