Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
The Z is on the list for the same reason as the Integra, however it's really a tarted up 350Z and doesn't provide anything remotely exciting for a driver's experience like the Integra does.
Fixed that for ya...šŸ˜›

Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
Nissan you should be ashamed of yourself. You have forever turned me against your brand. Full Stop.
B-But muh brovid-19 supply chain block chain world war 3 shortage issues!
-Nissan

Meanwhile, dealers confirmed taking delivery of the first Ariya models in Canada, with 0 update on the Z. It's clear where their priorities are.

Last edited:

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
B-But muh brovid-19 supply chain block chain world war 3 shortage issues!
-Nissan

Meanwhile, dealers confirmed taking delivery of the first Ariya models in Canada, with 0 update on the Z. It's clear where their priorities are.
I mean to be fair, do you blame them? Even if the new Z was head n toes above the competition (and itā€™s far from it šŸ˜”), itā€™d still be a low volume seller that ainā€™t gonna do much for Nissanā€™s bottom line.

With limited manufacturing resources, itā€™s smarter to prioritize the money maker models, especially EVs at this point. Even Toyota a far more profitable automaker doesnā€™t prioritize 2-door sports coupes enough to make their own.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I mean to be fair, do you blame them? Even if the new Z was head n toes above the competition (and itā€™s far from it šŸ˜”), itā€™d still be a low volume seller that ainā€™t gonna do much for Nissanā€™s bottom line.

With limited manufacturing resources, itā€™s smarter to prioritize the money maker models, especially EVs at this point. Even Toyota a far more profitable automaker doesnā€™t prioritize 2-door sports coupes enough to make their own.
Low seller you say?
In Aus they have over 1000 units pre ordered. Thatā€™s not a low seller by our standards

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
If there was decent availability, that would be another story for car of the year.. I would love to be a fly on the wall in some of the Nissan meetings. They canā€™t be happy with the way things are going. Japan has opened up so production should not be an issue. If it is a parts or chip issue a fix should be in place. My hope is that production will normalize (probably in 2024) & they can start to provide some inventory.

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
I've been hearing this for a while now, and things only get worse. 2022 was supposed to be better.
I was definitely on the 'shortage and ADMs will be coming to an end, etc etc' - but everytime I look around - feels like the 'enthusiast' car is immune to things going back to reality. I So while I have hope that things will go back to normal in particular the used car market-it just feels like the 'enthusiast' car hasn't so far and not sure when it will.

I wonder how much of the reason for this is bc the people who were looking at Porsche and other high end vehicles are saying F THAT bc of ADMs and are looking at the $5-10k ADMs being added to the enthusiast car as a 'product of the market' so they are willing to pay them etc. I mean, seems like the GR Corolla will have crazy ADM, the new CTR is seeing min $5k ADM along with add-ons being added to make the price closer to the $55k-60k OTD (for a Civic - a GREAT Civic but still......a Civic) - so who knows when things will go back to normal - at least for the enthusiast.

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
Low seller you say?
In Aus they have over 1000 units pre ordered. Thatā€™s not a low seller by our standards
Well I canā€™t speak to AU standards but by low seller Iā€™m meaning relative to high volume sellers like Frontiers or Rogues on the order of 100,000s.

I think if the Z was a sporty practical car like a GTI or the new ā€œIntegraā€ itā€™d be easier for Nissan to market n prioritize, but (fortunately) itā€™s a dedicated 2-seater sports coupe whose only ā€œpracticalā€ purpose is to provide an engaging fun drive for enthusiasts. Sadly, I think that type of car is inherently destined to be consistently low volume and trending downwards šŸ˜”, no matter how great the performance.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Wellā€¦.just got my mag.

I seriously doubt Nissan did any worthwhile suspension tuning to get the Z to market, just in the styling and looks department

1669161059325.jpeg

1669161475427.jpeg

Last edited:

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Wellā€¦.just got my mag.

I seriously doubt Nissan did any worthwhile suspension tuning to get the Z to market, just in the styling and looks department

1669161059325.jpeg

1669161475427.jpeg
Have always appreciated the brutal honesty of GRM. Painful to see it slower than the BRZ, too.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Z will win.

There has to be some payoff for all those press vehicles that have been floating around for near on 12 months now.
If a YouTuber can get one for a week, can you imagine how long a legit motoring journalist would've had one in their garage.